Big Ten Discussion

Total bullshit charge called on Murphy. Just a brutally bad call.

6 Likes

No great place to ask this question, but is there a site where you can see the Big Ten leaders in Win Shares? Iā€™m assuming Winston leads the BIG in this stat. Iā€™m more interested to see where Edwards falls. Iā€™m thinking there are 3 or 4 Wolverines that have higher numbers.

I think Pitino is probably the coach most people would point to. But although his luster has all but worn off, Collins coming in looked like a golden boy who could bring NW to dominance. Where does the Chicago talent even go? We donā€™t get it. Illinois doesnā€™t get it. . .

Carsen Edwards continues to be an efficiency black hole. 3/10 overall (1/4 from deep) on mostly contested jumpers.

1 Like

State scores 91 and Winston has 8. Hard to believe.

2 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

Big Ten Win Shares Top 10

1. Cassius Winston, 2) Bruno Fernando, 3) Ethan Happ, 4) Jon Teske, 5) Dererk Pardon, 6) Iggy Brazdeikis, 7) Carsen Edwards, 8) Juwan Morgan, 9) Zavier Simpson, 10) Jordan Murphy

Top 5 Offense Only

1. Winston 2) Edwards, 3) Fernando, 4) Pardon, 5) Morgan

Top 6 Defense Only

1. Happ, 2) Simpson, 3) Teske, 4) Poole, 5) Brazdeikis, 6) Matthews (WOW, 2-6 are all M players)

Edit: All rankings from basketball-reference.com

12 Likes

Pardonā€™s the shocker in there ā€¦ though I admittedly have not seen much of NW this year.

Thanks. Greatly appreciate it. I was looking on that site but couldnā€™t find it. Thought Simpson would be ahead of Edwards.

Fun fact 2007 Minnesota hired Tubby Smith same year Michigan hired Coach Beilein. Smith left after 2013 and has since been at Texas Tech, Memphis, and High Point. Beilein has coached himself into the hall of fame in the meanwhile.
Bill Martin got that one right

3 Likes

Minnesota playing better than they have in awhile. They have a chance.

If Iā€™m Minnesota I keep riding Coffey and Murphy. Theyā€™re getting a nice contribution from Stockman but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to last.

1 Like

Edwards has mastered the Kobe assist.

Didnā€™t see a demolition of Nebraska in MSUā€™s stars for tonight, gotta say.

Aaaaand Minny blew it

Matt Painter adjusted a billion times better at halftime than Richard Pitino. Gee, no one saw that one coming.

3 Likes

A lot of fouls on PU. Can Minny capitalize?

Did you watch Nebraska at Michigan? or Nebraska in any Big Ten road game?

2 Likes

Gophers are blowing this.

1 Like

Sure, but 91 points for a decimated MSU squad? I had hope Nebraska might remain in the same arena.

Same team that Michigan put up 82 against without a starter, Penn State put up 95, etc.

1 Like