Big Ten Discussion

Ha, Spike and Max were graduate transfers who didn’t really have a spot. Uthoff is one of the only players who I can think of that left mid-season and then went to another league school.

Cannot believe you’re forgetting about the key transfer: Andrew Dakich.

3 Likes

I do not think we played the SC game with great zest. We obviously played back to back earlier in the year, but 3 in 6 seemed to have these guys looking forward to the break/soft part of the schedule. I don’t buy that SC forced us into most of those turnovers. The guys looked tired and not locked in. I don’t expect to see those kind of turnovers from a Beilein team too often.

I kind of expect the next 3 games to be among our weakest as well. We’ll win comfortably but they don’t seem to get up as well for weak teams. They’ll be ready again for Big Ten play though.

When losses do occur it will likely happen because the defense still should regress some off its amazing start and Poole and Livers aren’t going to keep up their 3 point % pace forever.

This still looks like, at worst, a 2 seed and very possible 1 seed and regular season Big Ten champion. Its not perfect or anything though and there are things that could trip the team up and be exploited. If both Poole and Iggy somehow return next year, though, that would be amazing and I think the team would be even better.

I think we also have to remember that this late November/early December stretch of playing 4-5 major conference teams in a row was rare in the past. With the start of the Big Ten now at this time, it’s becoming the norm.

Prior to last year, when we played @UNC, Indiana, @OSU, UCLA, @Texas from Nov. 29 - Dec. 12, I can’t remember a season where we played a 4-5 consecutive game stretch of “BCS games” – as Beilein likes to say – at this time of year. We maybe had 2-3 of those big games, but they were sandwiched between a Kennesaw State or a Houston Baptist.

Last year we went 3-2 during that span. This year, 4-0. Plenty of time the rest of this month to regroup and work on some things before Big Ten play resumes.

1 Like

Not too worried about style points right now. More important to get as many minutes as possible for second tier backups, to try to get at least one of them rotation-ready.

2 Likes

Agree. It is a long way to mid-March. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Wisconsin is facing a team (Savannah State) with one player over 200 lbs, a 6’6" 208 lb. forward. They take 60.2% of their shots from three and make 28.1% of them.

Thank God we’re not wasting our time with any of those types of teams this year.

edit: they have 65 in the first half lol, this is a joke.

South Dakota State broke 90 in the 1st half against them in their last game. Wisconsin must be slowing the game down. Shooting is not Savannah State’s biggest problem.

This is their last season in D1.

I had Under 160 and a garbage time three hit the over on the last play of the game. Heartbreaker

1 Like

Betting on that game is real degenerate status (not that I am judging!)

7 Likes

Purdue losing to Notre Dame. They’re going to be a top 25 KP team and miss the tournament…

Still have to win games… Can’t just play a loaded schedule close. (Or can you with the NET???, just kidding)

2 Likes

Not even sure you should’ve added the “just kidding” qualification. At this point who knows?

1 Like

It’s not even halfway through the first half and Indiana has played 10 guys.

IU and Butler tied at 66 headed into the final minute in Indy.

What a shot from Phinisee for the win, after Butler denied Romeo the ball. Tough!

Mark Turgeon is pissed Archie Miller stole his rabbit’s foot.

1 Like