Big Ten Discussion

Valid points, UMhoopsFan. I suppose his open letter after his most recent encounter resonated with me. (Apologies if this was already linked earlier in this forum)

Heā€™s a 23 year old ā€œkidā€ whoā€™s had multiple run-ins with the law while on campus. I always root for people to turn their lives around, but itā€™s easy to question what theyā€™ve been doing to help him and whether heā€™d still be there if he wasnā€™t their starting center.

Pitt +11 seems like a decent take. Very interesting that Vegas either rates Iowa pretty highly or still doesnā€™t think much of Pitt.

Oregon will be good later in the year with king. Iā€™m surprised so many on this forum donā€™t think Iowa is good. They have a lot of solid players imo and Cook is a beast.

Probably because Iowa has had good players under McCaffrey before and theyā€™ve underperformed. I donā€™t think we should be surprised that some arenā€™t giving them the benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair. Do athletes get preferential treatment from the university? Absolutely, why? The school has invested into their education and wants them to do well.

Thanks for the link, itā€™s good to try to understand others and their struggles, and hard to know much for certain from such a distance.

1 Like

I donā€™t gamble and will probably reinforce that belief with these picks, but Iā€™m feeling especially intelligent today.

Louisville: +5.5: home cooking
Penn State:+4 home cooking
ND: -7 home cooking
Iowa: + 11 home cooking
Wisconsin: +6 home cooking
Duke: +15 home cooking

Iā€™m analyzed out; couldnā€™t put a minutes more thought into this if you paid me

VT
ND
MSU
Pitt (Iowa wins)
Wisconsin
Duke

And I will take Michigan -3 for tomrw night now that the line has been released.

1 Like

Surprised PSU is up on VT.

Surprised Louisville is up on MSU

Final .5 seconds of PSU-VT takes 5 minutes. PSU misses 2 front ends of 1-1s but still holds onto the 1 point win. Big win for them.

Makes up for the Minnesota loss to BC. Didnā€™t expect PSU to pull that one out.

Thought Louisville was blowing it after they let a 7 point lead become a 1 point lead pretty quickly, but they built it back up to a 6 point lead with about 7:30 left.

WOW Illinois. Sooo, so close.

Just saw Brad Davison post up on NC Stateā€™s PG and I had flashbacks to Boā€™s teams of old, before the talent influx of Kaminsky, Dekker, Hayes, etc.

Jason Benetti on ESPN is the biggest Spartan slappy of all time. Just nauseating.

Theyā€™ve had a few close losses. They will be a tough win

Spartans are so lost without Winston that Izzo is taking timeouts with 2 minutes left to call sets lol. Also, Langford and Winston have some of the best stiff arms in the conference

TV Teddy doing TV Teddy things. Brutal call on Louisville there with 1:09 left.

1 Like

Surprised he made a call against a B1G team in crunch time.

1 Like