Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Bailey is the top by a long shot. Mike Rosario was a 5* by a couple of services back in 2008, and Gavin Griffiths (class of 2023) was just bumped to a 5* by Rivals today, but 247 has him down around #50. Cliff Omoruyi was also rated around #50.

Long before me, and Rivals/247, and the internet in general, Phil Sellers in the 1970s was a third team Parade All American in high school, for whatever that’s worth. He was going to go play for Digger Phelps at Notre Dame but my understanding is they couldn’t get him there academically so he picked Rutgers instead.

As for his game, I actually don’t know much because I was so unconvinced we had a real chance. I’ve been all in on Dylan Harper highlight reels.

2 Likes

All of this stuff basically doesn’t matter. It is just about individual resumes.

So the results of the 7 Q1 games that Michigan has to play are really crucial and also the 4 more Q2 games.

Obviously those are moving targets because teams win or lose but stealing some “good wins” is key like at Maryland, Purdue at home, etc.

So winning conference games matters but it is still about who you beat. Either way, 12 wins would mean that U-M probably has a decent number of quality wins.

1 Like

Thursday is incredibly important for Michigan in my opinion. I thought we had to get one of two between the road games at Iowa and Maryland to set us up for a tournament run. Hopefully we’re just a bad matchup for Maryland and can duplicate the success we had against them last time. Going into the Purdue home game at 6-2 in the conference would be huge.

5 Likes

Hunter in front of his home crowd…

4 Likes

Oh goodie…get to play this game again. Hope everybody is safe and healthy.

This does put Michigan in the line of fire given that they just played Sunday.

1 Like

Excellent work, our affable plumed friend.

7 Likes

While I do think we have a chance vs. Purdue, and realize its our best resume building opportunity, I really want us to steal some games later in the season so that we don’t have to focus on that game at all (unlike UVA, Iowa, etc. which will sting all season).

1 Like

Did Jett say “I want to stay here forever”? Well, folks, he said it, not me… Count one more year for him in Maze and blue.

6 Likes

Izzo backtracking on the Hall stuff today

Yesterday (in near tears): this game was for Malik, he’s devastated

Today (totally fine): he’s back in two weeks

2 Likes

tom izzo: hey (with the intention of telling you he has to play bad players so don’t blame him if they lose)

7 Likes

Well, just got auto billed for another month of BTN+. Where were you guys on that one?!

Should have canceled it right when you ordered it. You still get to use it for the full month. I’m speaking from experience. The same thing happened to me a year ago.

Eh. It’s fine. Rewatch some games. (If you can figure out how to find them on that ridiculously user-hostile platform.

2 Likes

Fieger Law. Bring them to their knees.

3 Likes

We are all rooting for Penn State tonight over Wisconsin, right? I will be curious to see if their reliance on three-point shooting and penetration from their point guard will work against the pack line defense on the road but I’ll be rooting for it.

2 Likes

My friend is so polite and diplomatic. But you know what we mean, right? You know who you are.

rooting perhaps but Gregory Gard at home is the finest coach in the B1G. Wisconsin will win easily.

4 Likes

Even if the reverse jinx works perfectly, I wouldn’t want such a statement associated with my account out on the internet…somewhere Gards fan club is collecting these.

6 Likes

Coach K did the same thing. Because he only liked to play 7, he’d whine that–because of fouls or whatever–he had to play his 8th player in a game–neglecting to mention that the 8th player was a 5* in high school.

3 Likes