Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

1 Like

Purdue’s 3P% will be down to 31.5% on the year. Obviously Edey’s offensive rebounding cancels a lot of that out and their offense will still be great but the shooting could hold it back from being elite all season.

EDIT: Nevermind I grabbed the numbers that already had the Davidson stats added, and then added another 3-25 to it. So it’s really at 33.6% right now.

1 Like

Fletcher Loyer season shooting percentages:

Overall : 44/123 - 36%
Three : 23/71 - 32%

3 Likes

How many fart noises did Underwood make in the post-game?

7 Likes

Sez guy who was 0-2 at IU as HC, fired eight days ago from his last radio gig. . . with no one noticing. At this point, unfortunately, my own personal psychology is such that I move from being annoyed by the guy to feeling sorry for him. I have a large collection of people that I don’t want to feel sorry for that I feel sorry for anyway that I wish someone would come and clear away.

1 Like

3 Likes

Just want to make everyone aware of some recruits coming in next year to ensure that the Big Ten will continue to be as Big Ten as possible.

Rutgers has a 4* guy who wears Rec Specs, Gavin Griffiths

Minnesota tops that with a 5* Rec Specs wearer, Dennis Evans.

Iowa is bringing in their own version of Braden Smith a (6-0 point guard) but with a more Iowa name in Brock Harding. They also have Payton Sandfort’s brother: Pryce Sandfort

Penn State is stealing Iowa’s bit and bringing in the coach’s son, Braeden Shrewsberry.

A couple of other legacies: Penn State also has Carey Booth,son of Calvin Booth, and Purdue is getting Roosevelt Colvin’s son, Myles Colvin.

Indiana has 4* Gabe Cupps, who looks like a Gabe Cupps.

Wisconsin is getting a 6-8 240 pounder named Gus Yalden. Also a recruit named Nolan Winter, who already has to be the name of the main character of somebody’s self-published spy novel series.

Both of Northwestern’s commits are currently unrated.

16 Likes

A lot of mid-range for MSU:

2 Likes

Interesting stat…and a bit scary for MSU. Some of the names stand out with Detroit and EMU having known chuckers/scorers on there and then some pretty bad teams overall like Georgetown and the tiny low-rated schools. Frankly, I’m stunned that Georgetown is #40 in shot making. I’m also surprised that MSU is so bad in selection. I know they have some weak spots and have had injuries, but being 3399 in selection seems…really bad.

They’ve always been a pretty high volume mid-range offense. Run a lot of stuff to get those shots but also have guys who can make them.

Almost every game on the schedule for Michigan is a Q1/Q2 game. Pretty ridiculous how it has worked out for the league in the non-conf.

Torvik projections:

Q1 Played: 3
Q1 Remaining: 13 (UNC, every Big Ten road game left, etc.)

Q2 Played: 1
Q2 Remaining: 5 (Maryland, PSU, NW, MSU, Wisco)

Q3 Played: 2
Q3 Remaining: 1 (Nebraska at home)

Q4 Played: 4
Q4 Remaining: 2 (CMU, Minnesota)

2 Likes
1 Like

I don’t know who they are but they certainly prefer one side of the court over the other

2 Likes

The first, definitely. The second, not as much?

I demand an apology from everyone who had Jaden Akins miles better than Kobe Bufkin

Kobe > Jaden

2 Likes

Jaden would be a lot better if he did not have a foot injury. Not saying he would be better than Kobe, but there may have been a debate if both were healthy.

Is Player 1 Jett Howard?

1 Like

Yep. Jett and Brice Sensabaugh.

1 Like

are they 1 and 2? looks like 1 is a bit better