Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Hahahahaha. Love it.

my god. characters (just like the ones on this forum)

4 Likes

It’s like one of those movies where you notice something new each time. Best post in I don’t know how long…

7 Likes

Truly true. He got a better whistle than the rest of the team combined

This is a bit off-topic, but Thomas Kithier is being forced to medically retire instead of playing his 5th year due to a back injury. Seems to have had a solid year last year for Valpo with 10 points and 7 boards per game.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Big Ten announces 7-year media rights deal with CBS, FOX, NBC and Peacock

This list has 2 top 50 players on U-M and 6 on MSU. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Sissoko at 48 tells you everything you need to know about the list

9 Likes

Pretty typical fan ranking. Only four freshmen (redshirt or true) in the top 50. The author just assumes everyone else’s newcomers struggle. But of course, the star newcomer for the author’s team is always given a sizable bump.

2 Likes

But Michigan had 3 players in the 50-60 range!

With 2 top 10 players, Minnesota is certainly looking like a conference contender this year no doubt

4 Likes

While this list may be garbage, I’m pretty sure I will have no faith in the pre-season second team all big 10 players no matter who picks them. Picking the top 25 is going to have some real questionable players on it.

1 Like

Two-thirds of MSUs roster!

2 Likes

One of these guys is ranked #5 and one is ranked #29.

2 Likes

B1G going from their fourth and fifth best players being like Hunter and Kofi to Malik Hall and Jalen Pickett would truly be something.

3 Likes

Seems like TJD is going to get more All-American nods than Hunter…

TJD has consistently shown an ability to improve his game, so you have to think he’s really taken it to another another level.

2 Likes

It’s just so odd.

UM VERY RARELY GETS PRESEASON LOVE FROM NATIONAL MEDIA!
This was a sentence.

2 Likes

Aren’t we less than a year removed from Michigan being overhyped by the national media? :wink: I actually think the fact that U-M is coming into the year as more of a top 20-25 team will help the team build a bit more naturally in November/December.

I felt like there were times last year that U-M really suffered from the weight of what it was supposed to be.

10 Likes

DeVante hype train was so overdone last offseason, and I agree that the team seemed to play with that burden that won’t be there this year.

3 Likes