Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

I don’t think @kturnup is joking at all – I had the same thought – nice start @buckets12 but this roster seems a little shallow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Crazy that we are overlooking the actual projected starting C - Maliq Carr

4 Likes

Cleaned it up for ya. :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t there a pretty good chance that Hauser is taller/longer/heavier/stronger than Kohler?

1 Like

The guy I’m most curious about in izzo’s rotation is sisoko. He is the only true center on the roster and seems to have the physical attributes Izzo would be looking for. However, his career to this point has been a mess and it doesn’t seem like he’s going to play well enough to earn that trust. I suspect he will get a lot of opportunity Early in the season when Izzo is reluctant to play freshman and still wants Hauser to be a four, but then we will have to see how it evolves.

It remains hard to believe that he was ranked higher than Hunter Dickinson

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: College Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

2 Likes

Good god. I can’t believe it never occurred until seeing his mug right here … but ugh, it makes so much sense that Mick Cronin is a Big 10 coach. The only possible league he could join and not drag down the league-wide tempo. It just figures that we would sign on for UCLA in their least desirable phase - ugly and effective.

10 Likes

Definitely think Hauser is taller. Not sure on the rest.

This is getting into prime BEILEIN HEIGHT ANALYSIS but oh well. #3 on orange is Jaylin Fox who plays at Kalamazoo Valley CC and is listed at 6’5”

The guy on Kohler’s team to the left is Dequandre Dentmond, who played at Barton and is listed at 6’7”. Dentmond and Kohler looked identical in height in actual game action.

Kohler’s the height of a stretch 4 with the foot speed of a 5 but I have no idea how he’s gonna guard either spot.

4 Likes

Jaxon Kohler vs. the Gus Bus going to be a movie (as opposed to him vs. Hunter, which should be a horror film).

4 Likes

#9 in grey is Kohler?

3 Likes

Yessir (more characters)

1 Like

O/U 1.5 seasons until Bo hits Cronin with a T?!?!?!

On a serious note I have been outspoken that the travel placed on refs is absurd and the addition of UCLA/USC won’t help. Can’t wait to see Courtney Green et al. doing a 10:30 tip on the West Coast and then be in Piscataway at 7 the next night.

There’s not really any reason for that. I imagine ucla and usc will use the same west coast based refs they use now

2 Likes

Huge fan of BHA tyvm

1 Like

Juwan is tweeting some workout videos. Very impressed with Glenn and Dug. They are attacking each drill like maniacs

11 Likes

@buckets12 @umhoops MSU Twitter thinks their first team All B1G candidate is AJ Hoggard, not Malik Hall. What do you think?

Do they think the All-Big Ten teams are position based? There aren’t many good returning guards, but no way is Hoggard one of the top 5 players overall in the league.

1 Like

He’s got that dawg in him

2 Likes

Hunter not handling the sled well.

1 Like