Big Ten Basketball 2022-23 Discussion

Only if they get enough touches while AJ Hoggard shoots 40% from three.

9 Likes

Gonna need some updated MSU minutes projections before I know how I really feel.

2 Likes

Hard to decide whether McCormick or DK has more delusional homer takes

8 Likes

Well, I’ve read a few places that Joey Baker will just step in and replace what Caleb Houstan gave Michigan. So homer takes are certainly out there in all shapes and sizes.

MSU will have players improve this year. Moneyball will not be indicative of who does and doesn’t improve. Just like clips of Michigan players in open gym at UofD are not worth anything :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha I’ve read Michigan sites basically say Baker is Houstan because they basically are just above average spot up shooters, don’t do much off the bounce, average defensively…basically have close to the same “offensive profile” and both have limitations defensively.

Completely ignoring the fact that Houstan had more than double the volume and any other context that showed how much of a bigger role Caleb had.

4 Likes

One of the people who did that is exactly who Reegs mentioned

2 Likes

9 Big Ten players picked last night. I don’t think there’s a single Big Ten player in the first round of the most recent Givony 2023 mock I can find:

Updated with today’s:

2 Likes

I wonder, however, how many of the 9 players picked were in mock drafts a year ago. I know people were intrigued by guys like Ivey, Murray, Davis, and the freshmen…but mock drafts were pretty inaccurate a week ago so not expecting much a year in advance.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michigan to host Virginia in Big Ten-ACC Challenge

Coleman Hawkins mocked 40th by Givony?? Are people that into his game?

1 Like

I decided to listen to that podcast for like the first time in like two years and had to turn it off immediately after hearing that.

2 Likes

They’ve clearly not been watching Barnes on IG this offseason

2 Likes

sorry but this made me actually laugh out loud

Former Michigan State basketball player Mat Ishbia, the president and CEO of United Wholesale Mortgage, in February 2021 announced a $32 million donation to the athletic department, with $20 million going to the expansion of the football facilities and requested it be named after basketball coach Tom Izzo.

LOL

3 Likes

That is amazing :laughing:

1 Like

That might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read in my entire life.

3 Likes

Illinois so obsessed with us they had to go and get their own international commit a day after ours. Ours will also clearly be better since I heard about Khayat a few days before i heard of this guy.

16 Likes

Probably one for next year, I’d imagine. Still only 17 but put up some huge numbers in the U21 second division.

Yeah, isn’t ILL full for this year? I was very curious what post-Kofi looked like for them but they seem like they are not going away anytime soon