Big Ten Basketball 2021-22 Discussion

Any deal that doesn’t involve him hawking Kohler brand toilets is total poo. Just flushing money away.

2 Likes

My dad went to some MSU booster/alumni/whatever event recently with Izzo and Tucker, and Izzo made a “joke” saying that Tucker was gonna beat his tenure record and then said a tenure that implied that this would be his last year. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

I’m openly sparking the conspiracy that Izzo’s already decided he’s done after this year and him and Dwayne Stephens both know that. I think that’s why Stephens finally jumped to WMU now of all times (to have the HC experience when the job opens, and at a school that he can’t possibly look like anything but an upgrade) and I think that’s why Izzo so openly doesn’t give a fugg about building an actual roster.

7 Likes

The only thing that would give me pause is you know Izzo would do the narcissist Coach K “everybody praise me” tour in his way out the door.

6 Likes

I know you posted this because of the Izzo aspect of it but LOL at the idea that Tucker would ever stay there if he continues to have success :rofl:

1 Like

I can kind of buy that except I guess I don’t understand why they would have Stephens leave for 1 year. Is that really more beneficial then him being part of recruiting the 2023 class and keeping that relationship with the current roster? Doesn’t feel like it

12 Likes

He’s still a competitive guy. More likely he just quits rather than hanging on and punting on recruiting.

2 Likes

There’s always the slim possibility of a Woody Hayes exit.

2 Likes

MSU still hasn’t hired a third assistant

7 Likes

I mean does he really need one if he’s only got 9 guys on his roster?

19 Likes

Izzo’s playing 4D chess and people don’t even realize…

3 Likes

That’s a good point. My conspiracy theory is that only Izzo and Dwayne have discussed this, so nobody else in the program knows and would restrain him from doing so. And I think Izzo knows there’s going to be a massive outcry for Drew Valentine unless he can counter with “DJ has head coaching experience now”

5 Likes

I lol’d. Adding more for 10

4 Likes

And one season of coaching, with a team you didn’t put together yourself, can be a bit misleading, as we’ve seen (Brian Ellerbe BTT champ!).

Meh. Pax got less than 20 likes for Franz’s sophomore year. KT’s fine, as good as any on the board, but I call his 23 likes (and counting, no doubt!) grade inflation.

2 Likes

Au contraire. I have only 15 likes but I have 9 laughing emojis. The addition of various emojis has brought on a shrinkflation of likes on this board and the Fed must figure this out quickly

6 Likes

The traditional tools don’t work anymore

4 Likes

Fed must move to Nominal Emoji Count Level Targeting regime

3 Likes

Am I the only one the doesn’t get all the Sky Clark love and hype? Like don’t get me wrong I think he’ll be solid, but he’s coming off a major injury and is only a high 4-Star ranked 2 spots ahead of someone like Tarris Reed. Last year showed us not all highly ranked players turn out to be the perfect version everyone was anticipating. Also just Illinois in general just has so many unproven and inexperienced guys that people are expecting them all to hit. Like outside Shannon, Mayer, and Hawkins their entire team is true freshman or inexperienced sophomores.

If Illinois clicks and all their guys “hit” they have potential to be very good, but I don’t really see them as a top 10 team until I see them play and see how Underwood coaches a Kofi-Less Illinois

1 Like

Goode will be a good player imo might not happen this year but a top 100 recruit. I get what you’re saying but the question is more about if Juwan can find an formula to beat Illinois he’s 0-4 or 0-5 whatever you make of it.

2 Likes