Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

MSU getting back up through transition threes

Iowa finishes off OSU to drop OSU to 7-8 in the B1G.

1 Like

Fun fact! We all remember how brutal Rutgers’ offense has looked this year? 78th on Kenpom. The ACC has 8(!) teams worse than that, including 4 worse than 150th. Crazy how far down they are this year.

For comparison, the big ten has two worse than that and neither are outside of the top 150.

Nebraska now on fire shooting garbage threes lmao

Without Bohannon, the younger McCaffrey, Nunge, and often (as tonight) Fredrick, it’s quite impressive what Iowa has done in the conference this year.

Obviously Garza and Wieskamp have been the driving forces on the court, but
Toussaint and Evelyn have really stepped up of late.

2 Likes

MSU only up 3 despite shooting 9/18 from deep (4/6 from Gabe Brown).

1 Like

Evelyn has been playing really well recently, but he’s been awful for most of the year. I was curious to see how he did at his previous stops and it’s shocking. From Torvik:

2019-20: 85 ORTG on 14% Usage in 43% of minutes.

2018-19 (Valpo): 85 ORTG on 20% Usage in 72% of minutes.

2017-18 (Valpo): 101 ORTG on 22% Usage in 80% of minutes.

2015-16 (Nebraska): 82 ORTG on 20% Usage in 6% of minutes.

Why did Fran even offer him a scholarship? Minus the one year where he shot 39% from 3 (he’s a career 33% shooter including that year), he’s been awful.

Did it happen after he lost Moss to Kansas? If not, I don’t know. You’re right, he didn’t play well earlier this season. He, Toussaint, and Pemsl were very good role players tonight.

Looks like he transferred in June so the Moss idea makes sense. But you’re right, him, Pemsl and Toussaint were critical tonight.

1 Like

Nebraska has had three three-pointers go halfway down and pop out early on in the second half. Also, Cam Mack is really good. Shame he’s playing on such a bad team.

I’m not a lip reader but uh…this certainly looks like Tom Izzo telling Gabe Brown “I’m gonna break your f***ing neck”

6 Likes

Like I said…Izzo for FS1 All Access!!

3 Likes

He seems to be becoming more like Bobby Knight as time passes. He’s always whined to the officials but I don’t remember him being quite this much of an @sshole to his own players until the last few years.

1 Like

I’m glad we get another crack at the Buckeyes, even if it’s in Value City Discount Arena.

1 Like

I think what Izzo said there is indisputable… He definitely said was buckets12 said he did. Interesting… :grimacing:

1 Like

It’shappening.gif.

3 Likes

Yes, that Game was garbage. That one particular left a bitter taste in my mouth. They did not deserve to win. I like physical play but they were mugging our guys all night with no calls then the refs have the audacity to hop in and call that flagarant 1.

4 Likes

Gosh, I can’t believe more kids aren’t lining up to be taught and mentored by this even-keel, thoughtful little guy. Juwan doesn’t stand a chance for recruits Izzo wants.

6 Likes

Every parent dreams that, one day, an old, repulsive troglodyte will threaten to break their child’s f***ing neck on national TV.

13 Likes

Heroic effort from Gabe Brown despite playing with a broken neck.

6 Likes