Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

I feel like it is very telling of the situation when kids don’t even wait until the end of a semester and forfeit the opportunity to play

Yeah can’t be to often that a starter and top 3 scorer of a not terrible team transfers with a month left in the season.

MSU catches a break

This is nuts. Ballsy by BIG.

9 Likes

Huge break for MSU. What does Wisconsin look like without King and Davidson?

6 Likes

The Wiscy source did not disparage King. They only told Katz that it was his decision and they didn’t know the reason. King plays major minutes and starts. Whitney wasn’t playing for UK.

2 Likes

Surely felt like a totally different team. Wish they could find that mojo aling with livers being totally healthy again.

IU is high. Only explanation for being this irresponsible with the ball.

Interestingly, two of the biggest disparities between KenPom and BartTorvik are Rutgers and Maryland. Rutgers is ranked 26th in KenPom, but 11th on Torvik. Maryland is 10th on KenPom and 23rd on Torvik’s site.

4 Likes

Interesting.

Eh, it certainly felt like Wisconsin was laundering an argument through Katz.

It’s also probably relevant that Katz is talking through “state-owned” media there - The BTN, of which UW is obviously a major investor and owner. I don’t think it’s nuts to view Katz’s comments in that light.

1 Like

When you preface your comments by talking about how you just had a long conversation with a very well-placed Wisconsin source… It is pretty obvious what is going on.

Also, I didn’t realize when I tweeted this but Katz went to Wisconsin which is interesting.

6 Likes

The better direct comparison would be Gard’s comments vs. Calipari’s. Calipari was certainly more gracious, whereas Gard did come off as rather peeved, but Gard didn’t trash King.
Yes, Katz spoke to someone at Wisconsin, but he was editorializing.

2 Likes

Gard’s comment was a passive aggressive swipe.

2 Likes