Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

KenPom gives Michigan a 3.5% chance of winning out.

From what I’ve read on various boards from insiders of the various schools, Jalen Smith, Wesson, Oturu and Donsumu are all pretty much for sure goners. The major true swing guys that no one really seems to know and that appear to be ones that will come down to positioning are Garza, Livers, Tillman, and Henry.

2 Likes

I gotta think Henry isn’t a draftable prospect and has to come back. I would also put Wieskamp in that swing spot, although I would guess he comes back if Garza comes back. As a home-grown Iowa kid it would be tough to pass up playing on Iowa’s maybe best team ever.

1 Like

I felt that way about Henry too, then espn keeps listing him in mocks.

Unlikely, but Garza could be the first multiple Naismith winner since Ralph Sampson.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Isaiah Livers is a game-time type of decision at Rutgers

Haha! I made it a point to try and find outcomes that were not completely absurd in terms of likelihood. Needing Northwestern to beat Illinois at Welsh-Ryan obviously isn’t optimal but they’ve actually played pretty well of late despite continuing to lose.

Put this way, it’s a lot less crazy to find a world where Michigan gets the #1 seed than it was even a few days ago!

1 Like

Tillman has two kids now. Will another year at MSU enhance his resume’? He might leave even if it means playing overseas to support his family.

2 Likes

Izzo will tell Tillman getting his degree will be beneficial to his future and make a call to Draymond to help out support his family for next season.

8 Likes

OSU is getting wrecked early so far in Iowa City. Down 16 with 10 left in the first, EJ Lidell has 5 of OSU’s 8 points. Iowa has 7 scholarship players healthy.

The color commentator on ESPN for the OSU-Iowa game is trying to make a case for why being undefeated in conference play (referencing Baylor) is actually a bad thing heading into the postseason so it’ll be good if they lose to Kansas.

Update: it’s Robbie Hummel nooooooooooo

He also just picked Illinois as the most likely Big Ten team to win the national championship.

1 Like

Big 3 by Wieskamp to get the lead back to double digits for Iowa at the half. OSU is being carried by EJ Lidell’s mid-range game right now.

Ugh…why, Robbie, why?! He’s normally really good. Maybe he was trolling Dan Bonner from last night. Yeah, that’s gotta be it.

1 Like

MSU playing horrible at Nebraska right now. Haven’t been able to do anything in normal halfcourt offense

I keep waiting for them to turn the corner and finally look like a top 10 team, but it’s just not gonna happen.

MSU getting back up through transition threes

Iowa finishes off OSU to drop OSU to 7-8 in the B1G.

1 Like

Fun fact! We all remember how brutal Rutgers’ offense has looked this year? 78th on Kenpom. The ACC has 8(!) teams worse than that, including 4 worse than 150th. Crazy how far down they are this year.

For comparison, the big ten has two worse than that and neither are outside of the top 150.

Nebraska now on fire shooting garbage threes lmao