Big Ten Basketball 2019-20 Discussion

At this point, it’s almost like he can’t NOT play dirty. And he can’t NOT flop. Those are the things that people immediately think of when his name is mentioned. Which is a shame because he’s a tough competitor and has made some clutch shots over his career. Not the legacy he envisioned. A few years from now when he’s playing in some obscure City B-ball league and pulls this shit, he’ll be getting his ass kicked.

6 Likes

My least favorite player in the Big Ten, and it’s not really even close.

4 Likes

Jim Polzin, of the Wisconsin State Journal, showing us what unethical journalism looks like:

"They assessed a flagrant foul on Brad Davison for wrapping his arm around Connor McCaffery’s leg while chasing Wieskamp around a screen … “I’m not sure why that was a flagrant foul,” Davison said. “I’ve just got to find a better way to get around the screen, I guess.”

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really poor job of conveying facts. There’s zero doubt about what Davison was trying to do.

1 Like

``Poor job conveying facts’’ is possibly the most generous way to say it. In this one, Polzin hands over the mike to Davison. More than half the word count is obvious bullshit right out of Davison’s mouth. Polzin would flunk out of journalism school for doing this sort of thing. Last year I tweeted him a link to a piece from a few years back in which the Raleigh newspaper told it like it was with Grayson Allen, including using video clips. Obviously the guy doesn’t care, for whatever reason. I hope more people tell Polzin and his employer what they think of the Wisconsin State Journal’s approach.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Game 20: Michigan at Nebraska Open Thread

Hey, Michigan’s back on the chart! Thanks, Nebraska!

1 Like

I just realized or was reminded that Saturday’s game at MSG against Rutgers is our home game, not theirs. The silver lining is the stupidity of Michigan ever giving up a Big 10 home game will be magnified if this doesn’t go our way.

Silver lining is also that if Michigan wins it would be a Q1 game not a Q2 game. If it can figure out how to win, could make a difference in March.

7 Likes

I’d gladly take the home court advantage over the potential of getting a Q1 win right now.

4 Likes

It would be a Q1 win regardless.
“Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75”

Rutgers is currently 21st in the NET. (https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings)

7 Likes

Yeah… There’s probably a 0% chance Rutgers falls out of the top 50 though and a somewhat solid chance that Rutgers ends up in the 30s.

Right now Michigan needs any win it can get (obvz), and a game at Crisler lends to a higher chance of victory (recent results aside). Oh well.

1 Like

That Gonzaga win still confuses me to this very day. I almost feel like it happened in a whole different season :joy:

5 Likes

We were all more innocent then…

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not trying to say that it is somehow a good thing that Michigan is losing a home game. I am pointing out that if it wins the game, the results would actually be more beneficial.

1 Like

Right, and I looked at it from that viewpoint when it was announced. Seemed like an easy-ish Q1 win, right? Of course, the outlook on the season was a little rosier back then…

If Simpson is back and Michigan can hit some GD shots I think they can beat Rutgers at MSG. At the RAC? Ehh, not so much.

Pretty big swing game. If we can win, I think we’re back on the tournament train. If not we have a big hill to climb again.

1 Like

Like the matchup for Rutgers. Really good ball screen defense (and defense, in general) and don’t shoot threes offensively… which Michigan’s defense gameplans to prevent.