Big Ten announces 2024-25 conference matchups

4 Likes

MICHIGAN
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Oregon, Penn State, Washington
Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers

3 Likes

At UCLA and USC. Congrats to the Cali residents here who can see Michigan in person

8 Likes

shooby dooby

oh yea!!! @kevmc21

4 Likes

YEEESSSS!!!

2 Likes

Seems like an annoying double play draw?

3 Likes

Competitively it feels like a tough draw.
Single play road games against UCLA, USC, Indiana and OSU feels rough.

4 Likes

More opportunities to pick up Q1 wins. Michigan likely isn’t winning the B1G, but if they can get through the B1G schedule with Q1 wins, I’ll take it.

The best Q1 games are the home Q1 games though because they are far more winnable

1 Like

With both MSU and Michigan at both USC and UCLA this year, looks like they’re setting up the Pac 12 scheduling format where you’d make one trip and play both teams in a few days time?

4 Likes

yeah that’s 3 top half teams in the conference, probably

Yes, I think the idea is that you’ll play two of those games on one road trip.

1 Like

Yep. It looks like Michigan/Michigan St., Ohio St./Penn St., Minnesota/Wisconsin, Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue and Maryland/Rutgers will make the trips out west together, and then Iowa and Nebraska are split among the two locations.

UCLA/USC:
Home: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Oregon/Washington:
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

1 Like

Generally, I think teams are better off having a harder conference schedule.

I know it limits the chances to snatch an undeserved Big Ten title, but good wins are the most important thing in the sport. And good losses matter less than anything else.

3 Likes

Also for everything made about travel and scheduling… Michigan should have essentially one road trip to the pacific time zone.

Obviously it is tougher on the new schools though :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, but as they say, “that’s what the money is for”. No tears for them.

1 Like

Also the Pacific schools all have home-and-homes with each other.

3 Likes

Hate to harp on the defunct pod, but man, an old school Moving Screen reunion show in advance of UM/MSU v UCLA/USC week would be epic.

4 Likes