Big Ten announces 2024-25 conference matchups

Wow, that’s nice that those schools are giving a cut of their Big Ten deal to the players that are doing the traveling

3 Likes

Maize Rage Takeaways:

• no chance to make fun of Gard and heckle him at home is such bs
  • lets’s goo, get to see Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper up close and personal
  • like 4 auto Ws
  • Kevin Willard gonna be in for a long night
  • Francon meter is back!
6 Likes

I wonder if the women will have the same west coast breakouts and go out there at the same time as the men. That would allow for one flight per school per season.

So would Washington Oregon make the trip to Michigan and play MSU/Michigan along the lines of a Thurs/Sun?

Something like that is my expectation, yes.

Yeah, probably Wed/Thr and Sat/Sun. I guess Fri/Sun could also happen but probably wouldn’t be as likely.

1 Like

FWIW I think the Pac 12 model was Thur/Sat and Fri/Sun

I don’t think the Pac12 ever played on Fridays.

they definitely did. I live out here and watch a fair amount of Pac 12 and WCC

EDIT: they definitely almost never did. oops

1 Like

Maybe once or twice, but the normal rotation was a Thursday and a weekend game AFAIK.

1 Like

Pulling up Arizona’s schedule and they were almost exclusively Thu/Sat or Thu/Sun

Yeah I see that now. Just a handful of Friday games this year. I wonder if that changed this year or in recent years, I could have sworn they had Thur/Sat and Fri/Sun format. Not sure what I think I’ve been watching on Friday nights :joy:

Just scanned some past schedules and not a lot of Sunday games either.

1 Like

Honestly, at this point they should just go back to an 18-game season. Play 16 teams once and one rival twice. Playing three teams twice seems pointless and just makes the schedules unbalanced.

6 Likes

Hear me out… Every team plays each other once on a neutral court :eyes: :eyes:

I’d rather try to do something more creative than less creative, but the travel really makes it hard to do any sort of flex scheduling thing.

I agree. You alternate the home/road year after year. You might want to do more but will it matter at all if there’s more expansion???

2 Likes

I enjoy that the Big Ten has added seven schools since 2011 and yet Illinois is still the first alphabetically.

6 Likes

Does anyone recall when they typical release dates for these games? Definitely going to try and make the trip to UCLA/USC games

dmb dad hangout with the cali boys while dmb son is at home studying for an important test

2 Likes

A little unfair of the Big 10 to give USC and UCLA an extra away game against Michigan because we are going to pack their houses