Big Picture Thoughts

Chris Kaman went 6th pick Overall in the NBA Draft and became an NBA All Star. Take the time and look up both players Career numbers.

Chris Wilcox won a NCAA championship and was the 8th pick overall. I get what your trying to do but I'll take a guy like Wilcox who helps us win a NC and is the 8th pick over Kaman any day of the week.

Finding a single example that works the other way doesn’t preclude anyone from being able to criticize. Obviously you never know but you can still question.

Don’t need to. Wilcox won the NCAA championship(All I care about) and Kaman did not. Wilcox also left the NBA with a heart condition. You are acting like Wilcox was some bum ranked 23. He ended up being better than his ranking also.

You can find exception all the time. Just like every time we get a 3 star RB everyone says Mike Hart was 3 stars.

What did Kaman win at CMU again??

Kaman played for CMU. Not likely to win an NCAA title there. I did see him destroy us at Crisler when he was at CMU. Great college player.

Chris Wilcox won a NCAA championship and was the 8th pick overall. I get what your trying to do but I'll take a guy like Wilcox who helps us win a NC and is the 8th pick over Kaman any day of the week.

Wilcox was terrific and why will Davis be Kaman and not Zach Gibson or Graham Brown?

Wilcox was terrific and why will Davis be Kaman and not Zach Gibson or Graham Brown?

The point is not that Davis WILL be Kaman, but that under the radar bigs can blossom late and be much better than their rankings. Whether Davis can develop into a Kaman or a B1G caliber 5 is yet to be determined. He’s young and just got rid of the baby fat. Let’s revisit this after the summer AAU season.

The point is not that Davis WILL be Kaman, but that under the radar bigs can blossom late and be much better than their rankings. Whether Davis can develop into a Kaman or a B1G caliber 5 is yet to be determined. He’s young and just got rid of the baby fat. Let’s revisit this after the summer AAU season.

Well if we are going to talk about under the radar bigs then we should also account for Beilein and his coaching staff and the work they have done with post players. Has Beilein identified these under the radar bigs in the past? Has Bacari done a good job with those players? All those questions are just as relevant.

Well if we are going to talk about under the radar bigs then we should also account for Beilein and his coaching staff and the work they have done with post players. Has Beilein identified these under the radar bigs in the past? Has Bacari done a good job with those players? All those questions are just as relevant.

Great job with JMo, decent job with Horford. Mitch was not under the radar. Doyle shows promise. But it takes two to tango. JMo put an incredible amount of work.