Assorted Notes

Wonder when UM’s next wave of offers willl be.

Really need to get Murray and Langford to AA. Battle is already trending in the opposite direction, though persistence may win him over. 2 perimeter players in 2015?

Moyer is definitely a good 2nd offer behind Leaf, who will be hard to pull from the West.

Kobi Simmons is Adidas and his father is from Ohio. Also a teammate of Langford. Can’t wrap my head around the lack of interest.

Hopefully the initial “blush” of the UK offer will subside some in the succeeding months. I still believe Thornton is ours to lose ( he is well versed in our guard orientated system ) and have to believe that he has some play with Battle. More frustrating to me about Tyus is that his Dad seems to think he is the one being recruited? I wonder what the kid really wants. Leaf is my most desired candidate of all offers and seemingly has mutual interest. There are many twists and turns to come however.

Showing new interest in 2015 Dillon Brooks are Indiana, Michigan St, Michigan, Syracuse, Arizona, Villanova. Safe to say he's a HIGH MAJOR

— Hoops Hype Canada (@HoopsHypeCA) July 14, 2014

Not sure if true but saw him in EYBL and FIBA and he is a gamer!

Another name I will throw out there from the midwest 2016 Kostas Antetokounmpo, brother of Giannis of the Milwaukee Bucks and teammate of Diamond Stone at Dominican HS.

On another note, is it me, or does Towns have a really long neck. Kid seems to be at the same level in terms of shoulder height, but man does the neck give him an extra 2 inches or what?
Agree. Kinda like Stephen Zimmerman in that regard. It's why standing reach, vertical, wingspan, etc. are all more important than height.

New film on Perry Dozier from the Reebok Breakout Classic. Dozier has some nice passing on display in both the half court and transition. Everyone knows he’s a good athlete, seems to have a decent shot and above average handle and change of direction.

Think the Dozier and Bacon ship has sailed. JB didn’t watch them in Philly.

Standing reach, vertical, wingspan, CAN be more important than height, but not necessarily. For instance, Caris probably has a good wingspan, but his low release point and set shot negate any length advantage he may have on his jumpshot. Another example would be a jumpshooter that jumps forward on his shot rather than remaining vertical.......it negates the advantage.

Think the Dozier and Bacon ship has sailed. JB didn't watch them in Philly.
Standing reach, vertical, wingspan, CAN be more important than height, but not necessarily. For instance, Caris probably has a good wingspan, but his low release point and set shot negate any length advantage he may have on his jumpshot. Another example would be a jumpshooter that jumps forward on his shot rather than remaining vertical.......it negates the advantage.

Pretty bad reference in support of length…considering Kyle Randall is all of 5’10 and clearly not jumping in the above photo. Sad part is he’s only 5-6 inches away from getting a hand on the ball.

Think the Dozier and Bacon ship has sailed. JB didn't watch them in Philly.

Pretty bad reference in support of length…considering Kyle Randall is all of 5’10 and clearly not jumping in the above photo. Sad part is he’s only 5-6 inches away from getting a hand on the ball.

I’ve never seen Caris get blocked on a jumper by any guard so it doesn’t seem to go with what you say.

Pretty bad reference in support of length..........considering Kyle Randall is all of 5'10 and clearly not jumping in the above photo. Sad part is he's only 5-6 inches away from getting a hand on the ball.
Agree with MattD here. It's also clear from the photo that Randall doesn't even have legs (!!! - I must have missed this game) and LeVert has some kind of freak hand and wrist growing out of his hip (!!!). Although I don't recall seeing it before, I'm assuming he had it surgically removed when he was under for the foot surgery.

2016 5* guard Josh Langford tells @Mgobluegr he will visit AA in August. More on that here (VIP): http://t.co/I4Q9rCgMiK

— Steve Lorenz (@TremendousUM) July 16, 2014

#Michigan head coach @JohnBeilein told Langford he can be the "wolf" of the offense like @NStauskas11 was (VIP): http://t.co/I4Q9rCgMiK

— Steve Lorenz (@TremendousUM) July 16, 2014

He has THJR’s pull-up and transition game but his ball-skills are way more advanced and his frame is bigger. Arguably the best prospect UM is after.

Re: Langford - yeah; he good. If Michigan can somehow land him, Thornton Jr., and Leaf, add any two other players and call it The Fab Five: Special 25th Anniversary Edition.

Any chance of him re-classifying to 15? Heis going to be 18 in January and still a soph in HS.

18 year old JR in January. So he would be 19.8 years old when he enrolls in college for his Freshman year in 2016.

Yeah, 19-20 year old freshmen are starting to be more and more normal.

Seems Langford is much more mature than the competition in the footage I’ve watched of him, including this one. I guess JB is adapting to the times and going outside of his usual MO in finding under developed physically young for their class recruits. Isn’t MAAR already 20, and Dawkins going on 20?

Yeah, I think he is going after mature guys for stability, a better blend.

I think Langford is a top 20 guy in 2015 or top 10 in 2016, regardless.

Seth Dugan is blowing up. He or Austin Davis may be the big UM covets if they continue to develop.

2017 SF Brain Bowen is a big-time talent and showing it right now. Michigan product has MSU, UM, Duke, Kansas & more watching. #PeachJam

— Derek Piper (@Future150DPiper) July 16, 2014

JB doesn’t necessarily look for young players for their grade, he’s just looking for guys who are on their ascent whether it be 18, 19 or 20.

Is there any chance we take 2 wings in 2015 or is it first come first serve for a commitment. Wouldn’t mind at all if We got 2 of Ali, Coleman and Brooks or even Milton as well.