As expected, Jalen Wilson is headed to Kansas

Agreed. Jalen Wilson doesn’t owe a damned thing to anyone. I’m apathetic toward his basketball success now simply because he will not play for Michigan, and I view him the same way I do the countless others who never committed or were interested at all. Outside of my fandom, I hope all students and student athletes make solid contributions to their campus, community, and others, and stay true to themselves along the way. Not always easy to do, especially for high-profile student athletes.

4 Likes

I believe the appropriate vernacular is - “I wish him the best of luck unless he’s playing us.”

4 Likes

Wilson seems like a solid kid and I wish him luck as I also wish all the young Kansas wing players luck and a healthy competition.

Grow up. It’s just sports. No need to be classless and wish the worse for a kid. No need for that from adults.

4 Likes

You are assuming everyone is an adult.

2 Likes

I have to say I was surprised to look at the Kansas box score from tonight to see that Jalen Wilson only played 2 minutes.

Could really use him

1 Like

Seriously would have had the opportunity to play 25 minutes or more last night if he had been in a Michigan uniform.

Edit:
But he’s not in a Michigan uniform, so we (the coaching staff) have to figure out the pieces we have here, at Michigan, and how to utilize the pieces we have. Even when Franz comes back, we’ll need one more player to step up to complete the puzzle that is Michigan Basketball, and that player won’t be Jalen Wilson, ‘cause Jalen Wilson ain’t comin’ here this year, he’s sitting on the bench at Kansas.

1 Like

But, but, it’s KANSAS. :expressionless:

I watched his one shift - he made a horrible pass that got intercepted, and then fouled the guy in frustration. Self about lost his mind and pulled him…I get the sense that this his minutes were punitive more than anything else, and I’d imagine he’ll play more if he can manage not to make Self go beet-red.

Self has an inexplicable love affair with Marcus Garrett. Makes dumb decisions all the time, can’t shoot, plays almost the whole game at shooting guard. $elf is an absolutely horrid in-game coach. 25 turnovers. Certain players at KU make one mistake and it’s Autobench time. Others can play horribly and stupid an entire game and never get pulled. It’s bizarre.

3 Likes

I think that he is injured. I may incorrect .

Wilson checked into the game last night and within 10 seconds, jogging down the court, broke his ankle.

Out at least 3 months.

I’d guess he will medical redshirt at this point

That’s terrible.

3 Likes

If the timeline is generally 3 mos, guessing he views that as a chance to come back in time for the Big12 Tourney and NCAA Tourney. No reason to take a medical redshirt when he plans on leaving early for the NBA

Also if you don’t plan on spending four years in college, the redshirt might not make much sense

I have my doubts whether, playing for Bill Self, he’ll be in a position to leave early. Lots of talented kids manage to stick around there for four years.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you on what actually happens with him and time at KU. I just guess he doesn’t view it the same as you and me

You’re probably right, but sometimes the draft feedback from the NBA makes that decision for you whether you want to come back or not.

Wilson has never struck me as a surefire NBA talent, at least in part because he’s not super athletic, which is why I think picking Michigan (and JB’s system) was a great choice for him initially. I’ll bet he’s a four year player there who, with a strong senior year, might make a run at the NBA.

2 Likes