As expected, Jalen Wilson is headed to Kansas

Take it for what it is worth, but I read elsewhere that Jalen may have a sick relative and thus wanted to be closer to home. No idea if that is true or not, but it might explain the decision some. Either way, it was an uphill battle once JB left and it is too bad because he would have played a HUGE role here had he stayed committed.

So letā€™s say in a few weeks the NCAA reveals itā€™s poised to bring down the hammer on Kansas. Would JW have signed an NLI or the other one whose name I canā€™t remember. Does he have an out?

I donā€™t think players can sign NLIs at this point? Just scholarship papers?

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct.

Iā€™m not sure what would happen if a player is already enrolled for summer term though.

1 Like

Braxton Beverly rule. Should be eligible to switch schools

Yeah, obviously Wiggins and Jackson were one and done guys who were drafted very high. I guess Ben McLemore wasnā€™t a top 50 recruit?

One guy who I think Self did a very poor job of developing, but who (IMO) could have been great at Michigan, was Svi.

Poor job developing Svi? He wasnā€™t even a top 200 recruit. Or was that Mo Wagner type ranking shenanigans?

2 Likes

Mykhailiuk definitely improved from where he began. In fact there wasnā€™t a single year where he didnā€™t make a big jump in efficiency. The only time his ORtg stagnated was when he upped his usage by a bunch.

2 Likes

He was a big recruit

Good article that demonstrates why I think Wilson will get buried on the depth chart at Kansas next year. Self wants to play 2 bigs and thereā€™s five other wings besides Jalen in line for minutes.

3 Likes

I personally hope that Wilson gets little playing time next year!

2 Likes

So in other words you want bad things to happen to an 18 year old?

3 Likes

Should have gone to UNC. As Ant Wright has pointed out millions of times, it makes no sense to go to Kansas as a wing

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say that, heā€™s one of many players who comitted to a coach and not a University. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll do well at Kansas, unto the next player who wants to play for the maize and blue.

1 Like

What the hell? Please keep this shit off of here.

edit: unless iā€™m missing a joke? If notā€¦ Wow.

5 Likes

I wonā€™t wish him anything bad, but I wonā€™t feel sorry for him either

2 Likes

Iā€™m honestly shocked at how personally some of yā€™all are taking a kid choosing a different school after a damn coaching change.

9 Likes

Itā€™d be one thing if he slighted or trashed Michigan or Howard. But he was fine with the whole process IMO and made a decision he felt was best for him.

6 Likes

Right or wrong, I think the mindset is more of a ā€˜if he doesnā€™t play well, then we didnā€™t miss a whole lot by not having him on the teamā€™ rather than ā€˜I hope he plays poorly/doesnā€™t play much because he didnā€™t pick UMā€™

1 Like

Thatā€™s still the wrong way to look at it because it still means depending on the kid to fail

2 Likes