Announcement Primer: Josh Christopher

I’m guessing there’s no chance he’d issue a gut feeling here even if he had one. Could very easily piss the Christophers off

5 Likes

My guess is that his dad isn’t doing interviews with the local Michigan radio station if his son wasn’t committing to Michigan.

2 Likes

I didn’t listen to WTKA, but I assume the interviews he was running were from 6-8 weeks ago when Sam went out to California to interview the family.

3 Likes

I see. Didn’t know that was the case. Disregard then haha

Yeah I dont see that coming, especially after the Christopher’s got mad because one of the 247 michigan writers put out there Christophers dad was not happy with Hurley. Likely true but it was not something the Christopher’s wanted out there and they asked sam to take it down.

3 Likes

My prediction is that all Josh Christopher will announce today is the date and time of his official announcement (which won’t be today in order to build up even more suspense)!

2 Likes

He could announce his final four possible announcement dates. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Exactly. The interview, in three parts by the way, is from after Josh’s official visit in November for the Houston Baptist game.

I will say this, Laron Christopher is a VERY intelligent man. He is deep, and cerebral, and very intelligent. Knows his son, knows basketball, worldly, WOW! Impressive! By the time this part three is over Sam will have done about 50 minutes of interview with Laron Christopher. Right now, he is talking about how much the Christophers “hate” Duke. He’s got Sam laughing so hard. One of the best interviews I’ve heard. This man is special and his son is, too! And again he KNOWS Josh, who he is, who he can be, and he’s a dad. He wants the best for his son. It’s very evident in everything he says.

Oh, and no gut feeling yet.

6 Likes

OK, I NEVER want to say anything that might jinx it. I’m SO superstitious! Anyway, Laron Christopher is just GUSHING over Juwan. In this interview he can’t say enough about how special, how real, he feels about Juwan. And I KNOW it’s important he puts his son in the hands of a man who will be the very best for Josh, a man who will be there for Josh.

I’ll tell ya, he’s got me laughing. The Duke stuff was funny, but he just said, when talking about THE University of Michigan and how “epic” it is, he said, “My gosh Brady went there!” And then he said, “And I’m a Raiders fan, I don’t like Tom Brady,” and he laughed and said, “But this is epic.” And I’m laughing. Great interview. He just told Sam, “I never met you before, have I, but this is the best interview you’ve ever had, isn’t it?!? I’ll bet you’ve never laughed this much in an interview!” Epic.

3 Likes

Sam said he wouldn’t be surprised by this either. He also said, though, that he talked to Laron, Josh’s dad, on Friday night and asked him about the announcement being on Monday, and Laron said something like, “Yeah, that’s the plan, I guess.” And then reaffirmed with Sam that, yes, Monday (today) is Laron (dad’s) birthday. So, I guess we’ll just see. But Sam did say that, knowing the kid, that could happen, today could just be the day he announces the announcement date.

Just a slight edit. At the end of Sam’s interview with Josh, Sam said according to Josh’s dad that the plan was to announce today. He didn’t say “the plan, I guess.” Laron said, “that’s the plan, that’s my birthday.” And then Sam said, “Unless something unforeseen happens we should know today.”

And, by the way, since I just listened to the interview with Josh, which was from the weekend of UM/MSU in Ann Arbor and was when Sam went out to LA for Josh’s senior night, Josh is an amazing interview, too. I would say sort of a combination of Jordan Poole and Isaiah Livers, and MORE, with a mature modern day, color announcer Chris Webber thrown in. Very deep, very intelligent (honor roll every semester in hs), very well spoken, and VERY personable. Not as funny as the old man, but good!

2 Likes

Well its 8:20 am in Cal right now if he was up past midnight Pacific time which most kids are with no school I would say nothing will be said before 4:00 pm eastern would be likely.

It’s 920 AM in CA

1 Like

Cali is only 3 hours behind EST, so it would be 9:26 AM

Rumor from 247 is that he’s announcing 6PM Eastern Time / 3PM JayGup Time

You’re right a senior moment. After all I’m 73 yrs old.

3 Likes

Wow, you’re old! :wink: Uhhh, welcome to the club! We “old” guys have got to stick together! :grin:

Wouldn’t it be cool if Josh Christopher commits to Michigan and then he scores 30 PPG and Michigan sweeps the B1G season and we win the national championship?

8 Likes

ok boomer!

2 Likes

Meh… if he doesn’t win NPOY I’ll consider it a wasted season.

6 Likes

Bobohle and I aren’t just boomers, we are in the original class of boomers! :grin:

5 Likes