2024 NBA Playoffs Thread

Free TIMMAY!

1 Like

Welp, barring a collapse, that’ll make Minnesota 3-5 at home this postseason

Mavs-Suns G7 all over again

3-5 at home but 6-2 on the road. I just don’t get it

1 Like

Will THj get the title that he was robbed of in 2013?

I wish he would get meaningful minutes but, he just isn’t a player that does much besides shooting. Wouldn’t shock me if he picks up more DNPs this series

The problem isn’t honestly that he “only provides shooting” the problem is that he isn’t providing shooting - his TS% from February on is under 48% (league average is 58%), and he’s only made 33% of his threes in the playoffs

If he was providing shooting he probably play

1 Like

The problem is a mix of both imo

Yeah if it were just shooting he might play. But anytime I saw him out there he was trying to do way too much

Any predictions on the series? The nerds love the C’s and for good reason. But the Mavs D scheme I think is maybe an underrated element here.

Seems to me the Mavs have just been able to get free close 2’s while forcing 3’s from the worst shooter on the floor the past 2 series. Strong formula but it’s been a bit lucky I think. KAT and Edwards were awful last series. Dort was miserable the series before while Chet wasn’t great.

Think DJJ and PJ have made more 3s than you’d expect which matters a lot for how you have to play them on D. So I thiiiink you’d expect some shooting regression which might shut off the flow of dunks and layups at least a bit?

I do think I can see their D approach pretty much working on the C’s like it did vs OKC. Dort and Chet are worse shooters than their C’s equivalents but probably not so much that they can’t survive?

Also curious if Celtics are indeed addicted to playing w their food. They’ve been doing it for years now and it’s arguably the biggest reason they don’t already have a title.

Also also: what’s up w Porzingis?

TL;DR IMHO Celtics in 6 but Mavs have outs.

1 Like

If KP is healthy, that sounds approximately correct to me. If he’s not healthy, I really don’t know and could see it swing either way. As a Pistons fan living in Boston, I’ll be rooting for (1) a good series, and (2) for the C’s to lose, in that order.

4 Likes

They’ll definitely need a ready to go KP because I can’t see Horford being able to deal Lively and Gifford lobs while trying to bother Luka and Kyrie.

1 Like

I miss the old nba finals format 2 - 3 - 2

1 Like

I like the older, and now newer, 2-2-1-1-1.

2 Likes

I think the CW is that Porzingis will play

New tool for @colin
https://x.com/The_BBall_Index/status/1797483999235064218

1 Like

Dallas doing their best to get run out of the gym

This start making me lessen my prediction from Celts in 6 to Celts in 5. Not great, Bob…

Celtics fans are physically and spiritually unattractive.

2 Likes

KP is playing like the best player in the galaxy tonight.