2024 NBA Playoffs Thread

Oh he’s just some ex XFL rookie

Naz Reid is unconscious…beyond belief!

Leaving Naz Reid open for a wide open 3 in crunch time, not a good defensive possession

1 Like

Can’t believe people think Rudy Gobert is the best defender in the league :rofl:

Luka, f*cking, magic. My goodness

2 Likes

“go home b*tch”

:flushed:

4 Likes

Crazy thing is that Minnesota is now 1-5 at home in this series and last. Now Denver did manage to erase a 2-0 deficit winning 2 games on the road but, Minnesota’s stars have got to show up

1 Like

As soon as he went to the step back you knew it was going in.

Naz Reid > Rudy Gobert

1 Like

for real though, a hard carry by Naz Reid and 80 year old Mike Conley

disgraceful vanishing act by KAT

1 Like

I’m 99% certain that Dallas got at least a dozen dunks. I don’t blame Rudy for it since he consistently is forced into help defense but yeah, Dallas has upwards of like 115 or so points in the paint through 2 games

1 Like

Overall a clutch quick comeback by Dallas. They really shot themselves in the foot with missed FTs, missed wide open 3s, at least 3 random defensive miscues, still managed to steal another road win.

That slap on the arm by Kyrie that they didn’t call which became a turnover for Minnesota with about 40 seconds left was pretty huge. It should’ve been FTs which could’ve put the T-Wolves up by 4. Not a game-decider but it helped the Mavs get there.

1 Like

They should change that rule where if the ball goes out of bounds as a result of a foul, they give it to the right team. They don’t need to retroactively call the foul, just give possession to the offensive team.

4 Likes

KAT is the big thing. Yeesh

9th year and he still does infuriating stuff

https://twitter.com/johnjablonka_/status/1794311204628041897?s=46&t=pI3vfmsWTFNvkSEe6OFpuA

Problem ain’t Rudy.

2 Likes

SVG rightfully asked - if your plan is to switch everything, why is Gobert on the floor?

7 Likes

Yeah it was more of a coaching problem at the end than it was a Rudy problem. He never stood a chance. Dallas kept getting him switched into a mismatch. They either needed to not switch at the end of the game or take Rudy off the floor for those 12 seconds so they could properly switch without being exploited

Well what they wanted to do I suspect is what they had done a previous possession which is switch and then switch-help (I’m sure there’s a jargon term for this) on the drive. Rudy ran Doncic off the 3 pt line and Reid helped and Rudy recovered to Reid’s guy, which I think was Lively? Whoever the 5 was. It worked and they executed flawlessly.

I’d have to watch again but I’d imagine Rudy thought he had Luka going to the basket and wanted to recover to the helper’s man again but ended up going full slow motion oooooh nooooooo once he realized Luka had baited him for the step back.

As a change up, I think it’s a nice idea. You want to get them to call one thing and end up having to deal w switching instead and there’s an explicit plan for helping Rudy on the perimeter. But Luka is a rather good offensive player it turns out.

Overall though I do feel like Kidd has been ahead of Finch and that Kidd throughout the playoffs has been quite good. A confusing sentence to write as a casual who knows Coach Kidd best as the target of Ben Thompson hate tweets.

1 Like