2024 Big Ten Tournament bracket finalized; Michigan to face Penn State on Wednesday

1 Like

I kinda like Iowa’s spot in the bracket :thinking:

Pikiell gets a two and a half hour head start on Juwan in the transfer portal. Advantage Rutgers!

3 Likes

Well, if there were to be a Michigan miracle run I like how the bracket is set up!

3 Likes

Yeah, the bracket is not daunting at all, but Michigan’s level of play is shockingly bad right now.

7 Likes

Clearly they’ve just been holding back for the Big Ten tournament once they realized their at large dreams were dead.

3 Likes

Portal doesn’t open until Monday after Selection Sunday :wink:

1 Like

Just stumbled upon this recent Jim Boeheim quote about St Johns, which he thinks could upset some teams in the NCAA tourney. Gotta love how we are being used as the yardstick to show just how bad St Johns once was and how far they’ve come!

“I think that Rick got frustrated because he might have over-rated them early,” Boeheim said of St. John’s. “But they struggled, they lost to Michigan”

Iowa and OSU obviously have to be happy to to avoid Purdue but not sure how happy Iowa is to potentially get the team that just melted their face off at home yesterday

It says something about the conference that I don’t think Purdue’s draw is as good as Nebraska’s (or perhaps it says more about Dylan’s point that imbalanced scheduling results in weird standings)

Imagine the scene if Michigan runs the table to win the BTT. Would they be a 13-14 seed or 16 considering their record?

1 Like

Yes, the draw isn’t favorable for Purdue, but they’re still the best team in the league so I would still expect them to win the BTT.

Torvik’s tool has Michigan in Dayton as the second worst 16 seed in this scenario

Torvik’s tool sucks at actually seeding teams.

Still hard to see us get off like the 15 line if we were to win it

Maybe brand matters but we stink

If a BTT championship includes a win over Purdue and Illinois we won’t be in Dayton. But yeah I’d guess 15 seed maybe idk. our wins would out class any 15 seed ever. we’d have like 4 or 5 Q1 wins right?

Feels like you’d be doing a disservice to a 1 seed though to pair them with a high major 16 seed. I’d guess 15.

Yeah, you would think 6 Q1 wins in this absurd scenario (@SJU, @Iowa, Wisconsin, vs. NEB, vs. ILL, vs. PUR). That would push U-M further up than people would think probably.

4 Likes

Of course we need to find more than 0 minutes of competitive basketball in us, which is a challenge these days

2 Likes

I did the work the other day on Barttorvik. If they run the table they would likely slot in as the last 15 seed. Maybe drop to 16 depending on quality of opponents played but they should be able to avoid Dayton.