2023 Big Ten Tournament bracket finalized; Michigan to face Rutgers on Thursday

4 Likes

UM-Nebraska final - book it.

5 Likes

ā€¦as Dylan stifles his absolute joy at getting early start times due to todayā€™s outcomes.

6 Likes

Letā€™s go blue ready for all the feels again. With this team wherever it goes.

12 Likes

perfect - juwan needs all the facetime with keisei he can get

7 Likes

Well, I like this draw. Every win would be Q1 and Rutgers is certainly not playing well coming in. Obviously beating Purdue is a tall order but theyā€™re certainly not unbeatable. Hopefully this team has a run in them.

10 Likes

Working from home so I donā€™t even have to pretend work in the office, letā€™s make a run

4 Likes

Hooray DVR!

It is definitely the best draw for what Michigan needs IMO. The 5 would have been messy in the sense that it wouldnā€™t really help much.

Rutgers and Wisconsin probably arenā€™t much different, but Rutgers earns you more returns.

22 Likes

I agree, I feel better about Michigan getting in with only 2 BTT wins with this draw plus Michigan matches up well with both teams

8 Likes

What does it matter? This team isnā€™t going to go anywhere. It has reached itā€™s level of competence.

2 Likes

Jesus take the wheel, Iā€™m ready.

6 Likes

This is an interesting angle to me, simply because after watching all of these games slip away, it is next to impossible to envision us closing out just one, let alone multiple, games. Iā€™m as guilty of that as anyone. When todayā€™s game went to OT, I was 100% sure weā€™d lose, which I think is just human reaction being conditioned to watching game after game slip away. Funny thing, though (and Iā€™m not trying to be a cheerleader or anything; I just find it really interesting how the mind works), is that we are not done. When I try to think rationally, just as easily as I could see us drop yet another close one this week, I could see reading a Dylan ā€œfirst lookā€ at our NCAA tourney opponent that immediately follows the bracket release . These are kids, college basketball is insane, and this is not over.

15 Likes

I both love and hate that Iā€™ve talked myself into Michigan having the perfect draw to get back into bubble discussion. Thereā€™s always another shot.

Well until now, this is the last one

7 Likes

Kenpom: Michigan -1 versus Rutgers.

2 Likes

The team should come out with practice jerseys for the Rutgers game.

13 Likes

I think Iā€™m just burned out on investment until next season after watching approximately 9000 late-game collapses. Need some refactorary period (an offseason) before I could get my hopes up again.

6 Likes

Where Iā€™m at as well. My tennis partner yesterday could only play at 5pm, and I found that surprisingly to be a feeling of relief to miss the game and go play. Iā€™ve been ready for the final nail in the coffin. That said, making the tournament would be a new lease on life, as is so often the case. A chance to play teams that donā€™t know you as well; a chance for Juwan to shine with the in-game stuff he excels at. Win-or-go-home is a good mindset to operate in for a team like ours. Itā€™s meaningful to keep up postseason streaks. Thereā€™s still stuff on the table if they can actually do this.

But I canā€™t watch on Thursday and I am, again, probably glad for that. Might try to schedule myself a call Friday afternoon. I canā€™t give up Thursday and Friday to this.

1 Like

I can understand anyone who prefers to avoid any emotional investment the rest of the way. This has been an absolutely exhausting team to follow. Iā€™ll still be anticipating and watching, but I totally get it.

2 Likes

For me, whatā€™s been exhausting has been the tenor of the criticism aimed at the team from M fans. Theyā€™ve been far more annoying than the team itself which has given us just enough to cheer for.

Itā€™s been awful listening to the hot takes on twitter, reddit, etc. the constant :sob: ā€˜waah i want Beilein backā€™ as if thereā€™s someone within the program whoā€™s at fault for his departure, the entitlement from fans after we were a number 1 seed just 2 years, the incessant boomer level takes on Juwan.

ā€˜FIRE JUWONN!1ā€™, yes because this program is going to go all out to hire John Calipari and not the assistant coach at Harvard.

11 Likes