2022-23 College Basketball Gambling Thread

1-point underdogs at Maryland tomorrow.

Hunter Dickinson is 5-0 against Maryland with an average margin of victory of 20+ points per game

I saw Maryland -3 to start. Big money coming in on UM or market adjusting for Donta?

I like Michigan +2.5 and Rutgers +3

It’s called the biased Wolverine fan anti spartan bet

2 Likes

Very self aware :wink:

I hate how much I like those bets.

2 Likes

Hahahah absolutely. I do usually try to avoid betting on UM and MSU (for obvious reasons) but sometimes I feel like I know the teams well enough to have a slight edge.

I’ve been having a ton of fun betting on Big 12 games this year.

1 Like

I would really lean MSU at home … They are playing well, playing at home, bounceback spot.

2 Likes

Michigan State is playing well? Seems like they’re just playing how they have all year

But yes 0% chance I would bet on Rutgers

I just feel like they’re kind of a dumpster fire without Malik Hall. Other than when Tyson Walker played the best game of his career against Purdue.

But, to be fair, their guard play between Walker and Hoggard has been very impressive recently. I just have thought for a while that Malik is their best player. I know it was a while ago but their loss to NW was without Malik if I remember correctly and their blowout loss to ND.

They have played some good games without Malik though. I will probably stay away from that one and just cheer for Rutgers. I do think Michigan has a good chance against Maryland though.

Since the week they really fell apart they are playing like basically a top-20 top 30 team? I think so. I think they have covered in 7 of 9 after 2 of 9 to start the year.

Defense has been legitimately good in the Big Ten.

MSU hasn’t been good against the number vs Rutgers though.

1 Like

I think Hoggard and Walker struggle against this defense in a way they haven’t in the last month.

Get plus money for Hunter Dickinson against Maryland while you can. This might the last time that ever happens

1 Like

I still cant wrap my head around how much MSU has embraced the mid-range/floater game. I get that Walker/Hauser/Hoggard are good at them, and they dont really have a post-game to feed usage to. But man, it’s frustrating watching them take ‘bad’ shots and still win.

The defense being good makes sense, though. An old-as-shizz team + a plus-athlete in Akins. Was definitely hoping this would be the ultimate Sparty down-year, before the 2023 Izzo Recruiting Renaissance Class revives the program. Its been so nice, post-Cassius/Tillman.

What’s the o/u in total points in MSU/Rutgers, like 110?

Well I did just say I wouldn’t bet on michigan or msu today

But I just bet Michigan and rutgers moneylines!!! Screw emotional hedges im doubling down because mama ain’t raise no b*tch

1 Like

Also mentally prepared for 0-2 on the day🤝 I’ve got a nice Killian Hayes parlay because he’s gonna show out in front of his family in France today so that’ll pick me up

I got Dickinson over 16.5 tonight

1 Like

Their pull up long two point jumpers are going to be there.

I kind of like Twill over 6.5 (+100). Bounce back game after the benching plus a homecoming. He scored 11 the first game.

His last three games he’s had 3, 5, and 5. Feels like a less than 50% chance of him hitting that number to me.