2021 NBA Playoffs

Yeah Rivers isn’t a GLeaguer. He’s a rotation guy. Averaged 70 games a season and around 25 MPG over the last 5 years. Not a guy you want playing 40 MPG in the playoffs by any means, but the previous 2 years he was playing 20 MPG in the playoffs for the Rockets.

2 Likes

Tonight I gotta take my lady out and treat her right … but I think I’ll plan to stay off the webs so I can get up early and watch the Clips - Mavs game w/o knowing result. I’d favor LA to lose its second team tonight, which would pretty much seal the generational change in NBA.

Timmy had coming up pretty clutch for the Mavs so far in the 4th. Should be a fun one
*it seems as thought I’ve cast a terrible jinx

1 Like

Pretty good shooting day for Tim and a really good take

Unfortunately for him he’s going to be the body getting cooked in the Kawhi highlight package.

1 Like

Luka got most of that 4th quarter heat. DFS too.

1 Like

That zone defense Dallas ran with their starters was pretty amazing. Lotta big guys on the floor. Not a lot of footspeed although I thought Kristaps competed.

Rough end for the Michigan NBA guys as Hardaway goes with a 11 point 5/14 shooting 1/9 from three performance to help complete Dallas’ meltdown.

2 Likes

It certainly wasn’t his best game and Trey had a rough one off the bench. TIMMAY also had a 3 wiped out because of an offensive foul away from the ball.

Former Piston Bruce Brown has the statistical profile of a “roll and cut” big with the Nets. I’m guessing this is why:

Round two hasn’t been as competitive as I’d hoped. The Suns are fun to watch. And the Nets look formidable. The Sixers will probably advance. That leaves Clippers-Jazz as the only one that’ll probably go 6-7 games.

1 Like

Really thought the Bucks/Nets would be a great series, but that’s looking like a dud.

2 Likes

Hahwrong! Just had to knock out two superstars. Any intel on Harden? Kyrie’s ankle looked bad but I’m sure they train and train and train for rolling an ankle. Anyway, they need one of them back or Milwaukee might run away with this.

Jokic deserved to be kicked out of the game. He wasn’t intentionally trying to hurt Payne but he did intentionally foul him. Clearly frustrated, Jokic decided to bludgeon the basketball with blunt force trauma, and inadvertently hit the man in the nose with a lot of force. Dumb play. Not a basketball play. You don’t ever do that on the basketball court unless your intent is to be called for a foul.

1 Like

With the stars hobbled in the playoff, you can’t help but feel like the Suns are in good position to win the title. They have the offense and defense to be a NBA champion. They have CP3 playing great as well as Book playing like a superstar like he always has been.

1 Like

I’m rooting for them at this point. Anybody but the Nets, but Chris Paul deserves a title.

It really feels like these back to back seasons are causing lots of injuries. It’s really too bad. But definitely a chance for a team like the Suns to “steal” a championship. I’m pulling for the 76ers or Bucks personally, I like those guys better. But hoping CP3 can make it to the finals for sure.

1 Like

If it weren’t for Ayton’s 25 game suspension last season, the Suns would’ve made the playoff. They were the best team in the bubble last year and it carried over into this season. Adding CP3 and Jae helped them raise the floor/ceiling of the team. I liked how they built the team around Book.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see if any players return. Mike Conley, Harden or Kyrie returning could change some things.

1 Like

The playoffs might still be a Nets parade if their guards can get healthy, but lacking that, the NBA playoffs are fun when you’re not actually sure who is going to win.

Sometimes that actually means that there is a clear-cut best team, it’s just they haven’t been established as a clear-cut best team yet, and that’s fun to find out.

1 Like

I thought it should’ve been a flagrant 1 but I get your argument. I just think intent to injure should be a big factor when determining which is should be. However, Jokic had total disregard of consequences to Payne by hacking away at the ball.