2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Can’t believe this hasn’t been discussed yet, but Cunningham listed at 6-6 on the summer league roster. Lol.

I thought 6-7? Oh well.

Hopefully he still has that 7’1 wingspan

Kind of crazy that flew under the media’s radar…

I mean, end of the day, who cares. Just funny after seeing the discussion about it.

tbh, I think it kind of matters. A lot of the draw of Cade was to have great guard skills for his size and have the ability to use his frame/height to his advantage. It’s not everything, but losing 2 inches does knock that a bit.

Well, nba.com has him at 6-7, I’d lean toward that if anything. But he’s still really long which is the main thing to be able to play 1-4.

It’s not a huge change. That’s a little something.

1 Like

He’s the one guy who looks taller than his measurements.

1 Like

His wingspan is still 7’0 which is probably more important. And he’s over 6’7 in shoes.

If he can just borrow some shoes from Cole Aldrich…

2 Likes

Do we actually have any official wingspan measurements? As far as I know the wingspan measurement has only come from his camp. :sweat_smile:

Man, I want to see these shoes he was wearing that added 2.25 inches. Were they something like this?

1 Like

So I got a chance to see a few top prospects last night:

• Jalen Green was fantastic, and flashed a ton of promise in the areas we knew he was strong in - he can get basically any shot he wants, he can make tough ones, and he can make tough ones he creates for himself. He already has a nasty Harden-esque step-back three. He also was much much better defensively that I thought (its a low bar) and is less skinny than I recalled (or had heard he was). People tried to back him down a few times, and he stood up to it.

• Mobley was really good defensively, was able to switch around, and was a good help defender (5 blocks). I think he was really lost offensively playing the 4 (as he will this year) on a roster with very little space (again - like he will this year). I’m not sure how he’ll work next to a guy who parks in the dunker spot.

• Alpert Sengun was like 80% of advertised (though he actually did pretty well defensively against Mobley?). He is a nasty rebounder (15 boards, 8 offensive over Mobley and Kabengele who is at least very large), and ground out a ton of free throws (14 attempts). He struggled to make shots.

• Cade passed well (people failed to convert them), flashed some defense, and struggled to shoot a bit. He passed really well. Most of you probably saw him so I won’t belabor the point.

• Not a top prospect, but Garza really was everything we could have expected against what is basically poor G-League competition - 9 points in 13 minutes, and really got what he wanted…and just got absolutely cooked defensively…

9 Likes

You need eyes to see over defenders, especially a point guard, so height is not totally irrelevant.

Meh, people say ‘he never looked 6’8"’ but to me he looks 6’7" at the very least. In my eyes, he always fit the billing of a tall, lanky with tentacle like arms flinging passes everywhere when I watched him play at OSU. He’s not 6’6".

Yeah, I don’t care either way, he’s still got length. There was just a bunch of discussion about it not long before that.

lol

Giddey has been better than anticipated but he really can’t shoot at all. Should probably be Mobley and Mobley. Or Barnes.

1 Like

Houstan 19
Moussa 37