2021 NBA Draft Discussion

I don’t see this happening. They’d have to actively try to do it. Even this year, they were only this bad explicitly because they were explicitly sitting players for no reason. I would imagine that they’re gonna let their players play without faking injuries from now on, which probably gets them into atleast the 7-8th pick range instead of top 4.

Edit: But yeah, this is gonna be a pretty sweet upcoming top 5 in the next draft

3 Likes

Lottery luck two years in a row would be nice. Barring a rash of injuries, that doesn’t look like a bottom five team. Last season, you tanked by sitting veterans and starting those young players. How do you tank next season? Grant and four youngsters is probably going to be their best lineup.

1 Like

Emoni isn’t going to be in the 2022 draft but it is still a good one

I’m hoping for tournament MVP Caleb Houstan in the late lottery.

5 Likes

Houstan would be perfect alongside Cade. Elite shooter who is better playing off ball.

2 Likes

If only we had film of how that would work out…

1 Like

Also, unless something changes, Emoni & Duren won’t be available in next summer’s draft.

Duren will be as he said he’s reclassing and he has a 2003 birthday. Emoni can not be eligible without a rule change because he will not be turning 19 in 2022

1 Like

Imagine the spacing…

2 Likes

Beilein hopefully would be a very vocal advocate for him within the Pistons front office. I sure like the idea at the top of the second if he’s still there.

4 Likes

Bones or Juzang would be good 2nd round options for guards.

2 Likes

Hollinger’s Athletic article today has Bones as the top mover at the combine bc he was great in the 5v5 and that was enough to sneak into the 1st.

Not mentioned in the article, but he measured in at 8’5.5’’ standing reach…but also 169 lbs. So he’s got legit NBA 3 length but he’s nowhere near being able to hold up at that weight. Interesting build.

1 Like

A smart organization will draft Bones. Can’t have enough wing shaped players that can handle, pass, and shoot

2 Likes

Bones would be a nice option for Weaver to trade up to play alongside Cade and Killian. Bones can shoot it and can handle.

1 Like

Less-interesting (but very functional) nickname

2 Likes

If I were late in the first round, I would take Bones without a 2nd thought. Kid is obviously mentally tough, can score at all levels, and has the size to build an NBA frame. He is one of those steals that keeps developing so 2-3 years down the road you look like a genius.

I’m rooting for him.

1 Like

Where’s Wagner at in this?

11 to Charlotte. No interesting info provided

Davion Mitchell at 7 is bananas but Golden State has been extremely meh in its talent evaluation the last few years so I guess I wouldn’t be surprised.

Moody at 18 is also silly. Match his age 18 year up with everybody else’s in the draft, he’s more productive than nearly all of their age 19 years and he’s got an 8’9’’ standing reach.

1 Like

I’d love to see Wagner to the Warriors at 7 or 14. Doubt he drops ton14 but I’ve seen numerous Mocks since the lottery happened that had Franz to the Warriors. I’d be over the moon if that happened. That’d be perfect for Franz’s game.

2 Likes