FWIW, it appears that the big winner of day 1 of combine scrimmages was Bones Hyland:
Don’t agree about Kawhi , guy is a top notch athlete with crazy length and size. I get what you mean about the others. Cade is the safest and honestly his skill set is perfect for what Detroit needs so it’s a no brainer I suppose but I still think there is a chance that in 5 years he will be 3-4 best guy in the class.
Cades a solid but not great athlete.
Bones had such a good day that he sat out 5 on 5s today. I’m thinking he may have gotten a guarantee by someone or just wants to step out while his stock is high
I keep saying Todd will be one if the steals of the draft. I’d take him in the lottery and I’m not even joking. Watching his ignite film I was super impressed. All those crazy shots he was taking went right out the window and he was clearly learning a lot/ taking coaching well.
The guy is a stud and is going to be a pick and pop nightmare with elite defensive potential.
Edit: he’s already hitting the one legged dirk fader with consistency out of the post/ high post. There isn’t much a defender can do if your 6-10 and long. He’s going to be special in a few years.
K yeah let’s just buy Beilein out of that Pistons contract to do scouting evals for Juwan. Just give him the film and let it rip.
Funny thing is, this has Pistons getting Nix, Greg Brown, and Todd all in round 2. Not sure I agree that is realistic, but that would be an incredible haul!!
Highly doubtful the Pistons hang onto 3 2nd round picks. Heard they may trade all 3 to get into the late first round or to just move up to the top of the 2nd round.
They also probably should trade some picks for future picks. They traded away every one of their 2nd rounders from 2022 to 2026
As a guy who was not the least disappointed Todd didn’t come to Michigan, his skill set and size look elite. He looks like an NBA all star. I could not stand watching the nonsense he was doing before development league, but now, now, he doesn’t look like a second round pick to me
Diet Caris Levert
He rules. I wanted him badly at Mich
12 more days till the deadline for Hunter and Devonte’ to pull out of the draft and return to school.
I honestly don’t see how Todd isn’t a late first rounder.
Cause he isn’t that good?
I would think that “not getting invited to the combine” would be a pretty clear piece of “feedback”.
You would think.
There’s a million guys who “aren’t that good” that get drafted based on potential. He’s got a ton of it. I’d bet $$ someone takes him late 1st
Oh for sure
I love Brown as a sleeper too. If they were to land Cade, Todd, Brown, and Nix that would be back to back transformative drafts imo
Agree, but man, young teams don’t win in the NBA. Literally aside from plumlee, everyone would be 24 or under with the majority of those 20-21. You’re right though, ton of talent.