2021 NBA Draft Discussion

FWIW, it appears that the big winner of day 1 of combine scrimmages was Bones Hyland:

2 Likes

Donā€™t agree about Kawhi , guy is a top notch athlete with crazy length and size. I get what you mean about the others. Cade is the safest and honestly his skill set is perfect for what Detroit needs so itā€™s a no brainer I suppose but I still think there is a chance that in 5 years he will be 3-4 best guy in the class.

Cades a solid but not great athlete.

1 Like

Bones had such a good day that he sat out 5 on 5s today. Iā€™m thinking he may have gotten a guarantee by someone or just wants to step out while his stock is high

2 Likes

I keep saying Todd will be one if the steals of the draft. Iā€™d take him in the lottery and Iā€™m not even joking. Watching his ignite film I was super impressed. All those crazy shots he was taking went right out the window and he was clearly learning a lot/ taking coaching well.

The guy is a stud and is going to be a pick and pop nightmare with elite defensive potential.

Edit: heā€™s already hitting the one legged dirk fader with consistency out of the post/ high post. There isnā€™t much a defender can do if your 6-10 and long. Heā€™s going to be special in a few years.

5 Likes

K yeah letā€™s just buy Beilein out of that Pistons contract to do scouting evals for Juwan. Just give him the film and let it rip.

2 Likes

Funny thing is, this has Pistons getting Nix, Greg Brown, and Todd all in round 2. Not sure I agree that is realistic, but that would be an incredible haul!!

Highly doubtful the Pistons hang onto 3 2nd round picks. Heard they may trade all 3 to get into the late first round or to just move up to the top of the 2nd round.

6 Likes

They also probably should trade some picks for future picks. They traded away every one of their 2nd rounders from 2022 to 2026

3 Likes

As a guy who was not the least disappointed Todd didnā€™t come to Michigan, his skill set and size look elite. He looks like an NBA all star. I could not stand watching the nonsense he was doing before development league, but now, now, he doesnā€™t look like a second round pick to me

2 Likes

Diet Caris Levert

3 Likes

He rules. I wanted him badly at Mich

5 Likes

12 more days till the deadline for Hunter and Devonteā€™ to pull out of the draft and return to school.:thinking:

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t see how Todd isnā€™t a late first rounder.

3 Likes

Cause he isnā€™t that good?

I would think that ā€œnot getting invited to the combineā€ would be a pretty clear piece of ā€œfeedbackā€.

1 Like

You would think.

Thereā€™s a million guys who ā€œarenā€™t that goodā€ that get drafted based on potential. Heā€™s got a ton of it. Iā€™d bet $$ someone takes him late 1st

2 Likes

Oh for sure

1 Like

I love Brown as a sleeper too. If they were to land Cade, Todd, Brown, and Nix that would be back to back transformative drafts imo

4 Likes

Agree, but man, young teams donā€™t win in the NBA. Literally aside from plumlee, everyone would be 24 or under with the majority of those 20-21. Youā€™re right though, ton of talent.

2 Likes