2021 NBA Draft Discussion

In the name of Greg Kite, GO CELTICS!

Yes, Hawks have tiebreaker

Yikes. This is going to be tough for the Pistons to lose tonight. Pistons need to find some people off the street to suit up. Lose at all costs

The Pistons already HAVE some people off the street in uniform, for gosh sakes. :rofl:

This is the classic situation where you win by losing. I hate losing, but gosh darn it!

1 Like

Yikes is right! Not looking good for the final tank game!

Need Duncan to come up big tonight.

4 Likes

Well, Hardaway, Wagner, and Iggy have all come up big against the Pistons so far in important tank games so Duncan just has to continue the tradition.

1 Like

Hard to make a fit argument when pistons turned over every player other than sekou this year. Get the bets guy you can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pistons defense is laughable. I guess it’s good for their ranking. I just don’t see how the league doesn’t police it. Oh well the league will figure out how to gyp the Pistons of their best drafting spot just like the NHL’s did the Red Wings last year. The pro league offices just have it in for the Detroit franchises.

2 Likes

The NHL is a bit different though I feel like the NHL would want the Red Wings to succeed considering they are one of the biggest franchises in the NHL. The Pistons on the other hand…

1 Like

Only 8 franchises have 3 or more titles. The Pistons are on that list. Not quite as blue blooded as the Wings, but not too shabby.

5 Likes

Well do the Pistons get 3rd worst record?

1 Like

Locked up second worst with their loss tonight

4 Likes

Can Mavs slide to 7th? At the moment … Dal Port and LaLakers all will end year 42-30. How do they divide 5-6-7?

The Pistons just engineered the perfect tank. It was competitive for the most part and yet still lose games. They were able to develop young players and see them progress like Bey, Beef Stew, etc. They have the 2nd worst record which is fine with me because that guarantee the top 3 lottery odds which is important. If they get the #1 overall, I think you have to sharpie Cade Cunningham.

6 Likes

And craziest of all, we have reason to trust the hell out of Weaver if we do get unlucky and fall out of the top 2 after his excellent draft this past year. I’m feeling optimistic about the organization’s direction for the first time in over a decade.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Weaver has hit on Bey and Beef Stew. Hayes remains to be seen but he flashes. I do not see star potential that some people think he has tbh. I know that Weaver tried to trade up to get Patrick Williams so it’s obvious that Hayes isn’t the one that he really wanted but settled for when he couldn’t trade up.

If you look at the last decade, teams with a point differential of around -4 PPG (Pistons were at -4.5, so I looked at teams from -3.5 to -4.5) usually end up with a win percentage around .350. That would have them as the 7th-worst team this year and set to pick yet another guy who can’t help change the franchise. Really executed the tank perfectly, now for the part they can’t control.

4 Likes

This piece at The Athletic talks about the Pistons’ draft board and they have Mobley 2nd ahead of Green and they throw James Bouknight out there as a dark horse candidate.