2021-22 Schedule

Great draw here in March for the #1 seed in the South, the Michigan Wolverines!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t mind a trip to San Antonio. Iā€™ve never been

2 Likes

Went there for the National Title game. The Riverwalk is fantastic. It would have been an epic night of celebrating had we beaten Villanovaā€¦Instead, I had some barbecue and went to bed.

4 Likes

The basement of the Alamo is pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Just renewed my season tickets today. :basketball::basketball::basketball:

5 Likes

Iā€™m hoping they have openings for new season tix now that Iā€™m back in town. But I just keep getting flooded with emails for Football tickets. :face_vomiting:

They love to match us with Florida and Florida State, donā€™t they? I know all this is all pure speculation, but it seems we see those two Florida schools a lot in our real brackets too.

I was there in 2013 and watched Trey Burkeā€™s Shot from a steakhouse on the riverwalk. I could spend all day there. A legitimately awesome experience and underrated tourist area. We took a trip to six flags too, which was close by and fun.

2 Likes

I plan on going back in the future because I thought the city was that nice and I didnā€™t get a chance to do much. I was only in town for about 16 hours.

1 Like

I lived in Austin for 7 years and made it down to SA a handful of times. Itā€™s no Austin, but itā€™s still a pretty nice city.

1 Like

I ask this every year, but do we know when specific dates/times will be announced for Big Ten games?

Dates usually in mid-to-late August. Times much later.

1 Like
8 Likes

Nice, a good cause and the DC area fans have an opportunity to see a game.

Any word on if ticket proceeds or concession sales or something might go to a charitable organization of some kind?

3 Likes

This got tweeted out a couple hours ago. Thatā€™s a pretty darn good team. Akin to Ohio last year.

Senior Jeenathan Williams gets to play in Crisler in the @Slyboogie Invitational

8 Likes

That is a sneaky good game. Top-100 preseason on Torvik and consistently one of the best programs in the MAC.

Overall, looking like a very solid schedule:

1 Like

Is Michiganā€™s schedule the toughest in America next year? Seems like on paper right now itā€™d be tough to top.

1 Like

Should be a nice schedule for the NET rankings

Had an unexpected opportunity to go to SA for a conference in the fall of 2001. I was one of the youngest and newest in my department then, but it was just weeks after 9/11 and no one else wanted to fly. The department was already on the hook for a bunch of money and they wanted a warm body to provide some minimal in-person representation. Minimal in-person representation being my jam, I volunteered.

Outside of the conference, I was able to do the tourist thing. I visited the Alamo and Market Square by streetcar and walked the Riverwalk every night. The World Series was on TVs everywhere and you could hear the cheers whenever the Yankees or Dā€™backs made a big play. Had lots of Tex-Mex the whole week and stumbled into a huge outdoor wedding reception on one of my walks. If I was looking for something to do I just followed the music.

I had an amazing time and would have likely done even more if I had done a bit more homework and had a little more cash in my pockets. Would highly recommend.

10 Likes

Iā€™m perfectly fine with not having the Oregon game this season.

3 Likes