2020 Transfer Market

For discussion about transfers, transfer targets, etc.

1 Like
3 Likes

Hmmm wonder if juwan is tempted to chase at all, especially if Castleton transfers

As someone that doesn’t know who Shareef O’Neal is. What does this mean regarding Christopher?

1 Like

Shareef is good friends with Christopher. Also is Shaq’s son. It certainly doesn’t hurt that he’s leaving, but it’s been rumored that ASU and Michigan are unofficially the final two so it’s not huge.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago, someone who is loosely connected with O’Neal and Christopher suggested in a tweet that both players should strongly consider going to Michigan. Interesting.

3 Likes

I would say that a big reason for the UCLA is out momentum had to do with the fact that this Shareef thing has been brewing.

4 Likes

I assume Shareef would have to sit out a year? If Christopher is a one-and-done, it would mean that Shareef and JC wouldn’t actually get to play an official game together. If they’re close friends, being on campus and practicing together would still be a nice selling point.

If there’s a scholarship available for him to sit out, he would be eligible after Livers graduates and presumably after Todd declares for the draft, so there should be PF/C minutes available the season after next.

Perhaps O’Neal could apply for one of those “hardship” transfers.

The hardship being that UCLA sucks. :grinning:

4 Likes

Hoping ASU isn’t pursuing this selling point as well…

From what I’ve heard, Missouri is interested in O’Neal as well so they may be trying to use him as well.

1 Like

On Tipton.edits IG he has a post of Shareef Oneal and possible destinations. Jace Howard commented :part_alternation_mark::part_alternation_mark::part_alternation_mark::part_alternation_mark: On it.

Knowing Josh and Shareef are best friends, I’m trying to figure what to make of this.

3 Likes

O’Neal & Christopher both coming would require some interesting scholarship rearranging (unless O’Neal was willing to transfer as a walk-on…which seems highly unlikely). So I’m viewing that as a doubtful outcome at this point

1 Like

Should be one of the top grad transfers out there but his last few years have been impacted by injury.

1 Like

If we magically had a spot, I’d happily take him.

1 Like

Towns or Aiken would be interesting adds if there’s a spot, word is towns is highly interested.

Aiken is a lot better roster fit IMO.

2 Likes
4 Likes

If Michigan can get a quality on ball guard first, and there is still a open spot for another player, I’d 100% be open to Towns or Aiken potentially joining the program.

3 Likes