2020 Recruiting Notes

Not a UM b-ball assistant.

Right I just wasnā€™t being blunt about it. Iā€™m not sure who that is he was sitting with.

Heā€™s also LDS so Byu could be a factor? Definitely not warm weather though

Yeah Iā€™m not sure who exactly is involved with him but I imagine some Big 12, SEC, PAC 12 and ACC schools will like their odds with him. Most his offers are from some of them conferences. I donā€™t know much about the kid outside seeing some recent film and Beilein being there a couple days ago.

All I meant was that an assistant mustā€™ve went down there to see Lohner before Beilein did (in the fall or earlier in the season).

Really really like him.

Nimari Burnett, a 6ā€™3 Guard at Prolific Prep from Illinois lists Michigan as one of the schools recruiting him. Heā€™s one of the top scorers in the country and someone Iā€™ve watched live and am a big fan of.

City of Palms title game earlier today. Sharife Cooper led McEachern with 20. Had 4 or 5 assists as well and took home tournament MVP. Heā€™s elite Iā€™ll just leave it at that.
1 Like

Oak Hill Guard Cm Thomas mentioned Michigan. Although I doubt we will ever be in contention for him. Seems like he will stay on the east coast.

I believe these are highlights of Walker at the Tarkanian Classic that just ended. If heā€™s being recruited as a 2019 heā€™d be a pretty good Charles Matthews direct replacement. Heard he could likely end up moving up into the 2019 class.

Rumor is walker is will reclass and go to Memphis.

Most likely. I donā€™t like Michiganā€™s chances was just saying I see where heā€™d be useful if brought in.

Sharife Cooper highlights at the City of Palms tournament. Was MVP of the entire event.

The question becomes, could Sharife Cooper play alongside Zeb Jackson ? Offensively Cooper and Jackson would be fun to watch but would they be over-powered defensively by bigger guards ? Iā€™ve always been surprised more teams havenā€™t tried to duplicate Villanovaā€™s success under Jay Wright of playing multiple quality PGā€™s at the same time.

1 Like

Lots of teams try to play two pgs at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah, UCONN also won a title with 2 PGs recently.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Wing - Matthew Alexander-Moncrieffe (Target)

I saw Michigan target (or at least former Michigan target, as his recruitment may or may not be impacted by the Zeb Jackson commitment) D. J. Steward of Chicago Whitney Young live yesterday. Stewardā€™s team advanced to the Proviso West Championship by beating his former team, Fenwick Stewart was magnificentā€”28 points, including 4-8 from 3, a whole variety of circus shots in the lane, and some great assists, both in transition and in traffic. Young has him playing off the ball, which may not be his best spot, as he clearly has point guard skills and vision, and heā€™s only about 6ā€™1ā€-6ā€™2ā€, albeit with long arms, though heā€™s more a scorer and secondary creator for others than a floor general. His release on his outside jumper is a bit slow, but heā€™s so quick and athletic as a finisher that he gets it off without a problem because Fenwick didnā€™t want to get in his grill for fear of being blown by. He does need to work on the release though, to combat players like Zavier Simpson at the college level. Defensively, heā€™s very aggressive on the ball, but ball watches all the time when heā€™s off ball, and is thus susceptible to back door cuts and getting caught up in screening actionā€”this can be coached out of him, I believe. The best player comparison my friend and I could come up with was Aaron Holiday, formerly of UCLA, now playing in his first year with the Indiana Pacers. Definitely a top 50 talentā€“a bit underrated in the mid 60s as heā€™s currently placed.

2 Likes

Not exactly sure where this goes or who they were looking at

That tweet was a while agoā€¦ Dalen Terry and Kyree Walker play for Hillcrest. Hereā€™s another tweet from the same day.

2 Likes