2020 Recruiting Notes

Watts is not coming to Michigan. Quit doing this to yourself.

Huh? I’ve seen no indication from any of the reputable insiders saying Watts is an unrealistic target. In fact, I’ve seen pretty much the opposite. Almost everyone says nobody knows where he’s going. Hell, his crystal ball consists of only two people, an MSU insider with 80% accuracy saying Michigan and a Michigan insider with 57% accuracy saying “cloudy.” He’s certainly nowhere close to the “Michigan probably leads” level of Carton and Wilson, but saying he’s 100% not coming seems very extreme given the info we have.

1 Like

I’m not in love with watts anyways. I do like him but he’s further down my target list now. Carton and Wilson are my main realistic favorites. You As Wolverheel said though why so pessimistic on him? I’m all for watts though especially if it helps with Jackson.

Carton , Wilson , watts would be a great group

I see Carton and Watts as an either or and I would rather do Carton at this point. Isaiah Jackson is someone I hope JB prioritizes. He could be another DJ Wilson or better at the 4.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 - G - Zeb Jackson (Target)

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2020 - Forward - Lance Ware (Target)

RJ Hampton.

Lets do this

We might have “an in” with Demetrius Calip Jr.

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/12/prospect-spotlight-2020-demetrius-calip-ii/

1 Like

So is he 6’3" or 6’10"? Maybe 6’10" is a mis-print…

Seems like we’re going to need a C in 2020. Who are the options? Who will get offered next week?

Isaiah Jackson has emerged as one of the elite shot blockers in the country over the last two months while playing up with The Family. He’s definitely a candidate to be an early priority.

4 or 5 years ago, Michigan was extending easily a half dozen offers on June 15th, but they’ve been taking their time a bit more to dive into the next year’s class more recently.

2 Likes

Prediction Over Under 2020 offers on June 15: 1.5

1 Like

I’m rooting for no misprint. I know the weight would be dangerously low, but if that’s a 6’10.5" wing legacy…yes, please!

He is 6’1.5"

1 Like

Dammit! :slight_smile:

with a 7’ wingspan? something’s wrong with that whole row.

On the next column, almost directly opposite Calip’s name, there is a center listed at 6’1, 154.8 and 73" wingspan. Definitely something wrong with both rows. Hmmm, perhaps someone at Nike or whoever wrote the list should have done some editing before publishing. I’m thinking Calip is 6’1 or 6’1.5, 155-165 with a wingspan in the ?, maybe 73ish range. Just a guess.

1 Like

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/demetrius-calip-jr.-cg-los-angeles-ca-2020

Offer Day? How many do we think are going to go out? If any? My guess is at least 1 (to Isaiah Jackson)