2020 - Forward - Lance Ware (UK Commit)

Looks like a new name from NYC area, Lance Ware

1 Like

In our rankings update earlier this month, Lance Ware made a nice jump. The bouncy and quick 6-foot-8 power forward is playing like he wants to try and make another move up the list.

Playing up on the New York Rens 17U team this week at Summer Jam, Ware has been great against KC Run GMC. Heā€™s attacked the glass, heā€™s been aggressive to the rim and heā€™s played with intensity on both ends of the floor.

Currently, Ware has high major offers from Maryland, Seton Hall and Providence. Look for more to be on the way with this type of play.

2 Likes

Including playing at the elite camp, this is Wareā€™s second visit correct? @umhoops

2 Likes

Nice prospect. When searching highlights, did not see many jumpers. In 2020, we may need Austin Davis to come back for his 5th year, otherwise we need 2 bigs. Ware would be a nice get. Who knows, Livers or Johns might be in the NBA by then if they follow DJ Wilson-like trajectory. I see Ware as a 5. If weā€™re lucky enough to get one of the elite, big 5s, and Ware demonstrates he can shoot, maybe heā€™s a 4.

I donā€™t think Ware is big enough to be a 5. Hes 6ā€™7 or 6ā€™8. Skilled and decent athlete. Heā€™s more of a stretch 4/Wing-forward. If Michigan has ā€œprioritizedā€ anyone in 2020, I feel like Lance Ware might be the guy theyā€™ve put the most into and heā€™s shown the most interest back. Top 50 caliber player so I am definitely ok with it. But I agree I think Michigan could need to look for a 5 and Point/combo guards in 2020, those would be the top priorities imo. Especially PG/CGs who can shoot.

1 Like

Just based on his actions (2 unofficial to an out of region program in 3months) and some of his comments I think ware would pop pretty quick for um if he is offered.

1 Like

Michigan is visiting Zeb Jackson tomorrow. Wouldnā€™t be shocked if both Jackson and Ware have offers within the next few days.

I suspect if they take a second big it will come late in the cycle, maybe a Spring 2020 signing. A PG/CG, a big, and a Combo forward would fill the main needs. So to me Ware makes sense in a 3 man class behind Wilson/Bejama.
Of course, the numbers/needs could change if thereā€™s more attrition than expected next Spring or an elite talent is knocking down the door.

Lance Ware is another big to add to the list. Kessler, Dickinson and Wareā€¦not a bad group to target. Plus maybe Isaiah Jackson. Landing any of those would be nice.

3 Likes

Its always seemed to me like Ware will come to Michigan if Michigan wants him.

Thatā€™s the impression Iā€™ve got too. Seems like Michigan hasnā€™t shown a ton of interest in him in the past yet he still always visits and mentions them. Under Beilein especially. He has attended several Michigan summer camps dating back to 8th grade I believe on his families own money. But seems like Howard and staff is putting a little more emphasis on him if they are planning to see him at the Peach Jam. Ware has sort of blown up as well. He and Dawson Garcia are probably the closest players comparatively. In theory I think Michigan could recruit Garcia/Ware and also Kessler/Dickinson if they wanted two bigs.

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™d like to see us offer Ware and try to lock down a commitment from him.

He seems pretty talented, and seems to really like Michigan. Sure, we are after some bigger targets (none of whom necessarily play his position, which I assume will be the four), but this guy seems like a take for sure.

2 Likes

Never been a huge fan of his game but I could buy a situation where it might be a bit more useful of a skillset if Juwan Howardā€™s offense looks dramatically different than John Beileinā€™s.

2 Likes

Hey if Ed Cooley is prioritizing him than Iā€™m sold :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: