2020 - F - Isaiah Todd (Commit)

Yup. Kessler to UNC came out of left field with everyone in the dark because he just decided to commit after his visit there.

1 Like

And it wasn’t completely out of left field because a guy like Evan Daniels had crystal balled it a couple hours earlier.

2 Likes

I am waiting to see what Evan Daniels or Sam Webb say, Evans isn’t very good at forecasting kids. He’s been saying for weeks unc was the heavy favorite and they were barely involved.

1 Like

Could be a program-changing commit. If we can have a successful first two years, the recruiting should keep rolling.

1 Like

program-defining > program-changing . We have a new coach and this is how he will build the program.

I usually stay quiet about recruits unless feel good about our chance

Could also fulfill my decade-long dream of a starting frontcourt or backcourt pairing with the same first name. Really thought we almost had it with Jalen Brunson / Jalen Coleman years ago :joy:

Isaiah Todd and Isaiah Livers sounds niiiiiice.

5 Likes

I was all in on the two Jalens

I feel like Jaylen Brown was one of the few where no one had a clue. I felt pretty confident it would be us, but that Kentucky could steal him. Refreshed twitter and was totally shocked to see Cal. I could be forgetting some tea leaves that might have existed before his announcement too.

Back to Todd, obviously would be massive. Even if he eventually goes overseas, his commitment would still attract so many of the other guys we’re in on. A front court combination of Johns, Castleton, Todd, maybe Dickinson, and still having a hybrid forward in Livers would be unreal.

Frankly, we deserve more Jalens in our program considering it’s our Jalen that kicked off the whole trend.

But I like the Isaiah one too.

1 Like

I’ve heard some KU people try to say overseas is the most likely, which to me says Michigan is the choice in 10 days.

1 Like

so in simple terms ur saying he will commit to Michigan as a backup plan if oversees doesn’t work out?

1 Like

Jaylen Brown always had strong ties with Cal. Beilein was late to the game, unaware of family’s Michigan tie until his family initiated contact. Brown’s recruiting was the only time I criticized Beilein on his passive approach towards one-and-done’s.

1 Like

No that’s not what I’m saying. It would make sense if the team he’s not going to would hear overseas news more than those from the side he’s choosing.

If he commits, we will deal with the overseas rumors til he gets on campus. Which is fine, because a commitment - regardless if it sticks - will bring some buzz and surely help us with some of our other top targets.

4 Likes

Evans just flipped his prediction to Michigan

10 Likes

Overseas does not have Zingerman’s.

11 Likes

But you can afford Zingerman’s if you play overseas :rofl:

19 Likes

It’s the freshness that counts, Dylan, not whether it can simply be purchased.

8 Likes

Maybe they’re just razorbacks fans anyways?

Yep! You telling me that Frita Batidos is gonna hold well through an extended shipping process?? I think not!

8 Likes