2020 - F - Isaiah Todd (Commit)

So I’m playing catch up learning more about Todd and his recruitment now that there’s a real chance…

Why was RJ Barrett with Todd and Moody on their official visit?

2 Likes

Todd’s mom liked the Dickinson post

4 Likes

Not sure, I saw that pic too. Barrett went to Montverde so maybe he was on the visit with Moody (who attends Montverde?).

3 Likes

Barrett GF plays basketball at michigan.

13 Likes

Ahh, didn’t realize that. That makes some sense too.

2 Likes

nice connection. and not a bad side-kick for an OV.

I’ve been laying real low on recruiting this summer, but I’m crossing my fingers on this one. Seems like a good kid in addition to being a 5*.

Pretty sure Juwan Howard was a David Falk guy.

I think you are right. The GF situation makes more sense.

1 Like

are you strong believer in Moody’s commitment following shortly after IF Todd commits to Michigan?

1 Like

Man, I usually don’t read too much on the instagram posts because it’s all trolling and garbage.

But, I really feel good about getting the commitment from Todd (and then 50/50 whether he stays or plays overseas) so I checked out the comments…

Really interesting post by Dickinson - feel like we have to be the leader with him - I know a kid can just say whatever on the “'gram,” but it just seems like it’s one of those “just kidding, unless you’re down with it” posts - kinda gauging real interest.

Secondly, love the auto-recruiters in Jace and Jett showing up to rep Mich.

Lastly, think it’s funny that all UK and UNC fans are like - “sucks it didn’t work out between us, pick Michigan!”

5 Likes

Not sure there’s anything that unifies basketball fans more than hating Kansas.

16 Likes

I think the Arkansas visit on 10/18 is still huge in Moody’s recruitment. His parents were in Fayetteville over the weekend for Arkansas’ scrimmage.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1180956110678835207

Probably only hating Duke.

2 Likes

that is concerning…

For those of us who are new to recruiting, are we usually genuinely blind going into a kid’s decision or are most recruitments like a Lance Ware where its pretty obvious what’s going to happen before he makes it official?

i would say its a toss up for Todd. Rivals is getting crystal balls for Kansas while 247 is getting crystal balls for Michigan.

It’s rare to have a true surprise recruitment where no one knows anything but it still happens. Given everything that goes into an announcement (social media, edits, videos, pre-written articles, etc.) there’s usually a lot that is already understood in the days leading up to an announcement.

Not every recruitment though and there are still exceptions.

1 Like

Kam Chatman

Well, I would say one massive exception is a commitment that isn’t tied to an announcement. Those are almost always surprises. If I remember correctly, Chatman didn’t schedule an announcement, he just announced his commitment.

1 Like