2020 Big Ten Tournament bracket finalized; Michigan to face Rutgers on Thursday

This is where I am, too. I have no expectations at all, and no post-season outcome would surprise me.

4 Likes

Not sure where this fits in the discussion, but stepping back a bit to measure the season on a whole, i remembered Torvik had the “Elite SOS” metric that measures the percentage of games an elite team would expect to lose against a given teams schedule (and we had the highest back in january when he first added that stat) so i checked that again and sure enough we check in at the highest, with 35.9%. That translates to expecting to lose about 11 of our 31 games and we wound up at 12. One data point but shows to me how tough a slog it was and that we held our own even with some inherent limitations of depth, talent, and some injuries…going to be an interesting couple of weeks for sure…

5 Likes

I’ll be skipping class to watch. I’m so obsessed with UM Basketball I’d probably skip work to watch too.

3 Likes

Somehow I always end up being out of the office for an “extended” lunch hour during the BTT

12 Likes

I’m pretty open about it at my current workplace. I usually just watch at my desk and try to minimize the disruptions while pretending to get stuff done during the commercial breaks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As of now, my plan is to listen to the first half at my desk and go watch the second half on my lunch break.

1 Like

Last year at this time when I called around to the handful of bars with TVs near my work, none of them had BTN (live and work in/near Boston). Was a let down for these early-round games.

I’ll be unabashedly watching at my desk on Thursday afternoon. My office is pretty relaxed and my boss doesn’t care so long as the quality of work doesn’t suffer.

Ha same. 2016 tournament (Chatman’s shot) was the biggest “extended” lunches I’ve taken too. Northwestern game went into OT. Then the Chatman shot, they had that lengthy review to put time back on the clock. I couldn’t go back to work until I saw the clock tick 0 ha.

1 Like

Haha. The Purdue game went to OT a few years ago too so that was very extended

4 Likes

That’s right, forgot about that game the next year ha. We’ve been pretty lucky all these “extended” lunches have come with a W. A tough loss would be hard to swallow at work haha.

Yep, everyone talks about who they want us to play, resume builders, etc, etc, well, we’re playing Rutgers and if we don’t win that game it won’t matter (to us) who advances!

1 Like

I’m skipping my 50th Anniversary to watch! No, wait, my anniversary is Friday! Phew! Oh, no! If we beat Rutgers we’ll be playing at noon on Friday and I’m supposed to be having lunch at Bonobo’s Winery then and they don’t have TV’s! Oh well, I guess it’ll be divorce court first thing next week! :wink: :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ll try to send pictures of Banker’s Life on Thursday; hopefully one of the big screen above center court with about a 75 for U-M and about a 65 for Rutgers. I’ll also let everyone know if they finally let beer be poured inside so everyone can plan accordingly for 2022.

3 Likes

Have a great weekend. My wife and I usually try to make the trip to the BTT, but we can’t get there this year. We’re already planning on next year in Chicago.

Thanks much! We’ll try to get a UMHoopsters’ gathering perhaps next year in Chicago. With U-M being the 1 seed, of course.

5 Likes