2019 - Wing - Romeo Weems (DePaul Commit)

Carey isn’t going to MSU. Lol

From what I heard, the big 2019 in state players don’t really care for MSU. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if all the top dogs in Michigan for that class end up playing out of state (Weems, Watts, Beverly)

Only other 2019s from Michigan with a HM offer would be Terry Armstrong who goes to school in Arizona and looks like he will stay west cost, and Jalen Thomas a 6’9 Center who has a Xavier offer and will likely end up there. Not many times Michigan and MSU have completely whiffed on in state guys.

Granted, Michigan seems to be prioritizing out of state guys more anyway. And based on the guys they are targeting and could potentially land that’s perfectly fine.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Rico was Sams source on this one

2 Likes

Man, I would be surprised if Sam based any forecast on a recruitment on a complete homer like Rico Beard. Not saying what you are saying is out of the realm of possibility, but the man wears a Spartan pendant to games. I am not sure that would ever be my lead source!

I could be wrong but Sam and Rico talk all the time, and it sounds like Sam respects Rico’s intel on Sparty or at least that is how it appears listening to Sam.

1 Like

I feel like this is true, FWIW. That, and I believe that they are good enough friends that they enjoy trolling each other and making the other eat crow. Maybe off air, Sam gets more legit info than the clownery we hear on air or see in print.

Sam and Rico are close friends. Sam definitely gets info from Rico and uses it.

I realize they have a close relationship, I guess I am just surprised that he takes such a homer seriously about such things.

2 Likes

I’m guessing there’s a real difference between what some of those Spartan homers know and what they put out there for their fans. What Rico shares with Sam is probably closer to the former and vice versa.

1 Like