2019 Transfer Market

Someone asked somewhere (can’t recall who/where now) for a comprehensive list of transfers…this site is generally very up-to-date with respect to transfer declarations and their destinations.

https://verbalcommits.com/transfers/2019

1 Like

Thank you for the insight! I haven’t seen Lehigh but once, maybe twice, this season so I appreciate someone who’s seen and isn’t just looking at numbers. His PORPAGATU! on Torvik is only third on his team, which is in itself a bit disappointing.

Another guy to potentially kick the tires on if there is attrition. Didn’t we recruit him when he was in HS?

Transfer news absolutely FLYING today. Big one is Nate Sestina is taking a visit to Kentucky, he’s moving from Bucknell.

High Point’s top two scorers are set to transfer, both I believe are grad transfers as well.

Jahaad Proctor is a 6’3" guard who transferred from Iona to HPU. He averaged 19.5 points per game with a 33.1% mark from three, but that was over 38% the year prior. He He was also at 54% from two this season. Definite grad transfer. Brandon Kamga is a 6’5" guard who averaged 13.8 points and 3.3 assists while shooting 35.1% from three. Don’t expect hard looks at either man, but interesting that both are leaving Tubby’s program.

The biggest news, though, is probably sit-one play-three guard Kira Lewis as he moves from Alabama. He averaged 13.5 points and shot just under 36% from three as a freshman with Bama. 6’3" guard that is probably immediately the best, or at least top-three, sit-a-year transfers.

Couple more names: Marcus Shaver from Portland – their top scorer this past season, will sit-one play-two. Averaged 14.8 points on much-improved 36% three-point shooting. Also Amauri Hardy from Farmington has announced a possible transfer from UNLV hinging on the coaching choice.

2 Likes

The new transfer portal opens up a ton of options for kids (which should be happening). It’s basically a self release for kids before anything else happens.

Just wish the NCAA made it simple. Whenever there are coaching changes, kids don’t have to sit. The grad transfer rule needs to be reigned back a little bit. The intention of the rule is to let athletes have an opportunity get a grad degree at another school because the previous school didn’t offer the program they wanted.

I’m not a huge fan of no one has to sit out but I do understand it.

1 Like

Even if kids are “abusing” the grad transfer rule and going for graduate school programs that are easy or nothing related to their professional goals, they’re still

1. In good academic standing and graduating from undergrad on time
  2. Working toward a graduate degree
    I dont’ really see the negative to it. Even if it’s an easier graduate program, it’s still a graduate program and it never hurts to get another degree, particularly if it’s for free.

Personally, I think players that are in good academic standing should be allowed to transfer without sitting out a year. I understand we don’t want college to be like professional sports with free agency, but if everyone is making big bucks but the players, I don’t think they should be punished for wanting to leave for other, supposedly better opportunities. Just like coaches aren’t punished for trying to move up. Now if players were paid and under actual contracts, I would be more on board with sitting out a year for transfers.

1 Like

half a season might be mor appropriate than a year

Better yet, just have them sign paid contracts and let them transfer for a fee. Coaches are soaking up too much of the money.

More Bama transfers:

Joins Lewis and Dazon Ingram (grad transfer)

Also RE: Lewis interest:

Big names involved early, as expected.

Daniel Giddens, formerly of Ohio State.

Another big grad transfer name, and one I figure Michigan will be in on given how they’ve reached out to Rayjon Tucker who has similar numbers as Keeling.

1 Like

Um Listed for 4 players

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of Justin Pierce before, but a 6’7” wing that averaged 4 assists per game has me very interested

1 Like

He’s the first player discussed in this thread :wink:

4 Likes

Dang this place really is top notch for coverage and discussion, Kudos!! I think two weeks ago I refused to consume any content that discussed next season already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting (in a ‘duh, obviously’ way) that every player listing Michigan fits a need, but more in a different way. Pierce would be a stretch four in place of Brazdeikis, Utomi is built in the model of Brazdeikis as a player but with the height of Matthews, Procter definitely takes the place of Poole and I assume Beilein would go smaller, and Ingram has the ability of Matthews on defense but more the size of Poole. Also, notably, Tucker did not list Michigan.

New transfer, but this is giant. Jenkins is a sit-one, play-two guard from South Dakota State. Was set to be the Jackrabbits’ star with Daum graduating. Jenkins averaged 19.7 points on 45.3% three point shooting with an insane 7.7 attempts per game. Becomes probably the best available transfer if he so chooses.

4 Likes

How tall is he and what guard position?

6’2", but he plays the off guard because SDSU had a senior point manning that position. Interesting option for the Michigan staff to look at I reckon, but I’m not sure how in the market they are for a sit-a-year transfer if they lose one of Poole or Brazdeikis to the draft.