2019 Transfer Market

Might as well get this started at some point…

1 Like

Pierce is a junior wing who shot 46% from the field (32% from 3) this past year. Has averaged 9 rebounds each of the past two years, so maybe he can crash the glass.

seems like an Iggy replacement

I can only imagine the impact Cam Johnson would have made to this years team. He made the all ACC team and can really shoot the rock.

2 Likes

Oh my! I can only imagine! Cam would have been a great addition to our program. Can’t fault him at all for going to Carolina, though.

If Pierce is more like the 41% 3pt shooter he was his sophomore year, he’s probably worth looking into. If he’s the 32% 3pt shooter he was this year, hard pass.

1 Like

Looking at his free throw % I am guessing he’s closer to a 32% 3 pt shooter

1 Like

What about Jaylen Fisher from TCU? Transferring after an injury this season. Is he a grad transfer, and can he play off-the-ball? I think his stats could show potential.

Zero percent he’s a Beilein guy. He went to TCU for a reason and will want to head someplace else that will prove they really want him.

Appreciate the insight! I saw a list with Memphis, Nevada, and Baylor as three of his top fits, and something rang in my head where I figured it was unlikely. Still, was interested nonetheless.

Couple more names: Nate Sestina from Bucknell (6’9", 15.8 points, 8.8 rebounds, 38% from three on 108 attempts, 80.8% from the line in 99 attempts) and Rayjon Tucker from Little Rock (6’5", 20.3 points, 6.7 rebounds, 41.1% from three on 175 attempts, 77.7% from the line with 211 attempts).

Tucker had a list from Borzello tweeted with Maryland the only listed Big Ten team. Don’t reckon Michigan will be in on either guy, but always interesting to follow the transfer market.

If anyone knows where to find a running list of transfers that ALSO lists their most recent seasonal stats, I would appreciate that.

Sounds like a reasonable first filter to apply to a team, and really it would be just great to see Johns snatch that spot, if it coms open, but the kid’s offer list is impressive. Presuming he can pick up the terminology fast enough, hard to dislike the idea.

DDJ I can see it

Jeff Goodman has a running list but without the stats.

1 Like

Or maybe they will! Tucker has now heard from Michigan. I think he’d be an OUTSTANDING pick-up in the transfer market.

Another new name is Stony Brook’s 6’6" wing Akwasi Yeboah. 16.7 points, 7.7 rebounds, just 31.6% from three on 209 attempts, but a 78.5% mark from the line implies there could be improvement.

2 Likes

Rayjon would be perfect JP insurance, assuming we can’t get Quinones

2 Likes

I highly doubt Poole will be leaving.

1 Like

Well better to be prepared.

1 Like

Two more grad transfer names that have already been out there but haven’t noted:

Daniel Utomi - Akron: 6’6" wing forward, 14.2 points, 5.5 rebounds, 37.3% three point shooting on 249 shots, 67.5% free throw percentage, Akron was the MAC’s best defensive team under John Groce last season. Utomi’s big plus is his good shooting, he was 40.2% last season in 219 attempts.

Pat Andree - Lehigh: 6’8" forward, stretch four, 12.9 points, 6.2 rebounds, 42.2% from three on 166 shots, 73.1% from the free throw line, but he was 85.2% last season. Serious Notre Dame ties apparently, but since Michigan has reached out to Justin Pierce I figure Andree might be worth keeping an eye out for given their similarities (though I think Pierce is a slightly-richer man’s Andree).

Pat Andree is not a high-major D1 player. Incredibly slow laterally. Don’t see it.