2019 - SG - Tyrese Maxey (Kentucky Commit)

5 Likes

Which one of the four coaches doesn’t belong in that group?
Hint: It isn’t Beilein.

1 Like

Is that indicative of a top four?

He visited Ann Arbor I believe back during the season and came out with no offer. He said around that time something along the lines of “I’ll wait until next year closer to when my senior season starts before I cut my list” if I recall correctly.

I’m hoping he gets an offer this weekend and we get a list shortly after

Calipari has been trying to convince him to reclassify to next year to make next year’s squad a who’s who of freshman stars

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/kentucky-pursuing-another-point-guard-for-next-season/

ok, so suppose this guy commits. then we have 4 PG on the roster? something’s gotta give.

Maybe Brooks would transfer, but there’s no functional difference between either guard spot in the offense. He’s tall enough to guard shooting guards so he’d be able to play next to X, DD or Brooks.

He’s listed at SG in this thread FWIW. Regardless, we’ve gotten to a point where Beilein has had a guy be the highest usage in the starting lineup at all positions but the 5 (and Wagner was very close this past year to making that all 5 positions), so he can point to that and say 1 or 2, that’s just who you’re defending. If you demand high usage you’ll be able to have it.

4 Likes

If I recall correctly, there was some issues with his unofficial visit during the summer. Didn’t him and family show up super late with little notification? Haven’t heard much about him since then.

His Dad was hired at SMU (his Dad was a long time HS coach in the area) in some non-coaching capacity and everyone thought it was a done deal for him to go there.

I know we all give Izzo lots of crap (deservedly) but I really don’t know why anyone thinks playing for Shaka Smart will turn them into a better basketball player. His offenses are awful and he doesn’t run The Havoc anymore, which was his one calling card. He has a team full of athletes but no one who can shoot the basketball.

3 Likes

He’s trying to be 1-and-done light.

2 Likes

His recruitment is just hilarious. No way he’s coming to Ann Arbor

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really weird, I’m surprised Beilein is still involved.

I can’t wait until we make his Top 5. Then his top 3. Then top 2.

2 Likes

No CoryR Gut Feeling™ on this one? :wink:

I will let you know when we make the Top 3!

1 Like

Gotta keep a clean school in the mix to stave off the stench!

1 Like