2019 Recruiting Notes

Yeah, we started to recruit Tremont Waters and quickly learned he was not recruitable.

Yep, he was the Director of Operations Beilein’s last few years at WVU and then followed him as an assistant to UM. He still has a decent relationship with Coach Beilein but he didn’t want to leave.

1 Like

So JB thinks someone else is leaving besides Mathews. There are obvious choices, but the easy one is Davis. He keeps losing minutes. Who knows.

Or Iggy is going pro.

Guessing Mahoney was pushed out, I was always surprised of it too. Seemed like jb reset his staff for recruiting reasons but Mahoney seemed to really get after it on the recruiting trail and was jbs best recruiter on his first staff.He had um as a factor for some very good prospects like Casey Prather, Klay Thompson, and Kawhi Leonard (never was reported but Mahoney claimed last year um was in his top group). I specifically remember Prather saying how Mahoney sent him a hand written letter pretty much every day. He also landed Darius Morris and Tim hardaway.

I actually kinda like their team this year.

Per an insider on 247, sounds like Poole is taking a lot longer look at going pro and getting some nice vibes from NBA teams…

Dot posts here too.

1 Like

Apologies if I missed this and this is old news, but Jalen Wilson is up to #32 on the 247 2019s list. He’s at #46 on the composite.

Quinones is #75 on 247, but #64 on the composite.

2 Likes

Pretty impressive that Bajema is up to 60 on the composite, too!

3 Likes

Wonder if Michigan kicks the tires with this scoring combo guard.

1 Like

Current list of officials looks like he wanted to stay pretty close to home. Also, it wouldnt surprise me to see him follow the coach (similar to Kyle Young: Butler --> OSU). Guessing that he wont lack for suitors at this stage of the game and would be interested as well to see if Michigan is one of them

Yeah I’m sure he will be a hot commodity and sounds like his HS coach may be hosting an open gym for coaches next week.

Yaklich started following this guy today or last night

1 Like

He played AAU on City Rocks with Joe Girard and Isaiah Stewart

Didn’t realize he was a Nebraska decom. Also is that ‘Evaluation’ section of 247 new? Because I think that’s a really cool idea for them to do.

I’m wondering if Michigan would try to take a crack at Chris Harris, the recent Virginia Tech commit. 6’3 combo guard who had a Duke offer. He may well follow Buzz to Texas A&M but if not he’d be a high level player to target that could make a instant impact.

Isn’t it Anthony Harris?

Believe that Anthony Harris decommitted from Virginia Tech and Chris Harris decommitted from Texas A&M.

Yeah sorry I was thinking of two different players and talking to someone else and combined the names lol