2019 Recruiting Notes

Nothing against the Ball kids, but I don’t want his father to be involved with Michigan basketball. I would be saddened.

2 Likes

Who took this picture?

I’m not sure, I found it on Instagram by looking at LaMelo’s recently tagged pictures

I’m sure LaVar would love Beilein’s autobench policy. He’d be threatening to pull him out of school in the first month of the season.

I would love it beacuse it would make so many people mad

3 Likes

Looks like Melo and Isaiah Jackson’s teammate Myron Gardner was at the game too. Gardner played for Detroit Loyola and the Family before going to Spire. 6’6 2019 Forward. Has Minnesota, Xavier and Georgetown offers. Spire head coach Jermaine Jackson was in the pictures too. Missed both of them in it but wasn’t really looking for them admittedly. Whole thing is weird but maybe Michigan is keeping interest in those guys in case kids transfer out or go pro at the end of the season and they have decent options. Just a FYI I think there is a 0.00001% chance. I don’t think Beilein wants to deal with the media circus that follows LaVar or LaVar for that matter. I just enjoy the internet blowing up with “Melo to Michigan” rumors. I don’t think this hype is hurting Michigan at all lol.

3 Likes

If a kid is interested, JB will talk with the recruit and his parents. He’s also going to tell them how he runs things. Lavar is going to tell JB how he runs things too. I can’t see either budging, so I imagine they’ll go their separate ways. But it’s never a bad thing to have top recruits visit, even if there’s no chance at getting them.

1 Like

This isn’t happening. For obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Think this one is pretty obvious… Michigan wwnted Isaiah Jackson on campus so it hosted him and many of his SPIRE teammates and coaches. These sort of group visits happen all the time whether it is an AAU or HS team.

9 Likes

If people have nothing happening today there’s a good event going down in Grand Rapids today. Scooby plays Emoni Bates in the highlight game. Should sellout. A few others of note are Kobe Bufkin, a 2021 with a TCU offer and is visiting Michigan soon. He plays at 1:30. Romeo Weems and New Haven play in the last game at 8pm. Ty Rodgers plays at 4:30 against Muskegon.

1 Like

Top 50 target from the summer, article says we are pushing for a visit. Very interesting and makes me wonder if there is anything else brewing behind the scenes for the 19 class.

2 Likes

Hmm. raises the question as to whether they would offer Kessler as a ‘19. Thinking seems to be that Kessler reclassifying would eliminate UM but maybe that’s not exactly right.

Definitely did not think we would still be in on Quinones. Glad to hear we are. Really like his game.

3 Likes

They’ve been recruiting him since the summer. I’m sure things calmed down a bit with both Wilson and Bajema committing but he’s good and he can shoot it. Never know what will happen with anyone until after the season is over.

1 Like

Agree with this, I thought this is how we were viewing his recruitment all along. In many ways, his timing worked out nicely for Michigan. Seems like someone you could make a run at late in the cycle.

Quinones goes to IMG Academy and the two schools he has visited, per 247, are LSU and Maryland… I wouldn’t get too excited :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah. Notorious mens bball powerhouse LSU. I guess Ben Simmons really raised the profile of their program with all of his excellent results.

1 Like

IMG Academy also has former UM assistant John Mahoney as his head coach.

I believe he was with Coach B at West Virginia and then came to Michigan with Coach B. Coached under Beilein at Michigan for three years. Don’t know the circumstances of his leaving Michigan or what their relationship is now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cough Will Wade is a cheater cough
cough Also Mark Turgeon cough

1 Like