2019 Recruiting Notes

I mean even if they were equal I’m not sure why you wouldn’t care… Would you rather face two good known commodities or one?

Also, Nick Ward is posting pretty much the same efficiency numbers as Tillman on a usage rate above 30%, compared to Tillman’s 18%. I think it’s fair to want to see how Tillman does on a much higher usage in future seasons before declaring him at the same level as Ward. He also draws fouls at a rate more than twice as high as Tillman and commits one fewer per 40 minutes.

1 Like

Top 5? No.

They don’t have an elite player at any position. They have a PG who is laterally challenged. They cant defend on the perimeter. They turn it over.

Well, I was addressing the hypothetical that MSU lands a 5-star recruit for next year. I think MSU would be a better team if they didn’t play two low post players simultaneously - I suspect Tillman’s higher rate of committing fouls is because he’s playing out of position at the 4. So I just don’t think they would suffer that much if Ward left MSU next off-season.

But, yes, Ward is maintaining his offensive productivity at a very high usage rate, and Sparty has the 6th most efficient offense in the country, so I guess I should cut him some slack.

Might’ve been a misquote but announcer said Michigan, MSU, and Baylor are at the Montverde Academy vs. Sunrise Christian game right now. Said it after Beverly blocked a shot. Game just started.im assuming they are there for him if they mention that. Below is a link to the game happening right now.

https://m.facebook.com/videos/live/m/redirect/325301004730967/?_rdr

2020 G Cade Cunningham also at Monteverde.

Yep. Forgot to add that. Beverly and Cunningham were the best players in the first quarter for Montverde. Cunningham scoring, Beverly defense and facilitating

1 Like

@umhoops have you heard of any staff being at any games tonight? Heard Emoni Bates tore up Saline, which is where Coach Yaklich’s kid’s go to school. And I don’t think there was any staff at Dematha tonight to watch Montverde but idk.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2019 - G - Harlond Beverly (Target)

No idea what to make of this and I doubt anything comes of it but weird that Lamelo Ball is at a game. Sitting where recruits typically sit too.

Prototypical Beilein recruit.

6 Likes

Was literally about to post what Dylan did lol.

1 Like

Did he come up to visit with Isaiah Jackson or something?

Nope. Isaiah Jackson was not pictured at the game nor did anyone say anything about him being there. Just LaMelo and a few of his friends it looked like.

I’ll say it again…absolutely nothing about today’s game made sense.

10 Likes

lol. Keeps getting stranger.

1 Like

I’m sure LaMelo will go the G League route.

I wouldn’t be sure of anything with LaMelo or LaVar.

Melo in the locker room

2 Likes
2 Likes