2019 - PG - DJ Carton (OSU Commit)

His IU official is this weekend, believe it starts today. So don’t expect a ton from him right away. I’ve also rarely heard of an official visit that didn’t go well. All expenses paid trips are generally enjoyable :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The uniform looks different than it has since the switch to Jordan. The piping looks weird (could just be the photo).

I don’t want to make this into a uniform thread but it’s something I noticed.

3 Likes

There’s a strong filter on the picture.

https://twitter.com/djcarton/status/1013149136886095872?s=21

The candy-cane pants are just so so bad

2 Likes

When I see someone wearing them I always want them to try to sell me popcorn.

That’s a pretty cool piece of wall art though.

1 Like

So someone posted that the Carton’s have gone radio silent since the last two visits (and silent to both UM & IU sites).

A. Positive for UM & why?
B. Negative for UM & why?
C. Does not mean a thing other then they don’t want to talk immediately following visits.

What do you guys think?

Side note- I took a jump shot today on the driveway, came down where the grass hits the drive. My ankle rolled and popped. I’m on the couch bored and have nothing to do. Entertain me. :blush:

1 Like

I don’t think it means anything either way. Haven’t the Cartons played his recruitment pretty close to the vest? Now, if he’s contacted one of the coaching staffs but not the other that could be telling. I know it’s hard to wait on these things, but we’ll know fairly soon (?). I’ve just decided to start getting really excited about the trip to Spain and the upcoming season and let recruiting play itself out, as it always does. I do know someone however who checked mgoblog all day to see who the surprise (?) football recruit was that we were supposed to get today! :wink: Oh, and RICE!

1 Like

I think it means that they’re reasonable people who see how crazy recruiting can be. After taking the visits they want to think as a unit and not do anything rash. I think it’s a sign of integrity and modesty that they don’t need the attention, and maturity that he’s not making any rash decisions.

Hopefully his reflection leads him firml to Ann Arbor.

7 Likes

add 4 inches to everyone measured in USAB U18 camp?

1 Like

If she’s correct, the NBPA camp has issues if thier under-measuring kids by 3 inches or so…

Where is the photo of him standing next to John Beilein when you need it?

3 Likes

Agree. Disappointing.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like there’s no way he’s actually 6’2" w/o shoes, but I am very confused.

1 Like

Well, if you look at the picture of DJ in the Michigan locker room with whom I’m assuming is his mom and either his dad or his coach, not sure who the man is, if the woman is 5’5 or 5’6, and I’m assuming she probably is that height, and if the man is 5’9 or 5’10, then DJ is at least 6’1 and very possibly a full 6’2.

The picture with Coach B would be nice, though. Or with Saddi who is 6’3 but was listed as 6’4 as a HS senior and at WMU. MY question, though, is where is MattD when you need him? Oh, that’s right, posting on mgoblog, and killin’ it with his endlessmotor site! :slightly_smiling_face:

I would assume that the measurement of DJ taken at the US basketball U18 camp was accurate, unless someone mis-read it, but they had to make mistakes twice, one with the shoes and one without the shoes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DestSzaV4AAqy2B.jpg

Oh, I’m assuming the information is correct, 6’ with shoes and 5’10 1/2 without shoes. It’s just not DJ’s information. I believe someone typed it onto the wrong line. Frankly, an easy mistake to make, and that’s what I think happened, but it doesn’t really matter what I think or what you think. His height IS what it is.

I’m assuming some day we’ll find out what the correct number is. Until then, it’s just speculation. One thing we DO know is the kid can really play and the staff wants him. I’d love for him to be 6’2, hell I’d love for him to be 6’4 IF he comes to Michigan. It is what it is.

Edit: By the way, no matter his height, 6’0 (and he is at least that tall), or 6’1, or 6’2, I sure want him to come play for the good guys! Go Blue!

1 Like

Yeah I think too much is being made of his height right now. He’s long and athletic. Whether he stands 5’11 or 6’2, he’s an ELITE PG and I’d prefer not to quibble about a few inches, especially when it’s known that Mom is active on Twitter and could be on boards too. Don’t want it to come across wrong.

2 Likes

Carton is a defensive disrupter that is also very explosive. He’s not 6’ 2”, but who cares. He’s a player.