2019 - G - Cole Anthony

I’d actually say Poole, Johns, and Iggy might give us better spacing, not worse.

We’ll see how it works out.

You’d be in the minority in that assessment.

1 Like

If Johns were at the 5 and Iggy were at the 4 it would be similar spacing to last year. But if it’s Johns and Iggy at 3 and 4 then that is probably not better spacing.

With as much pick and roll Beilein has put in his offense, especially early, there is no reason why he wouldn’t the see the floor/start/finish a ton as a freshman. Anthony is a stud. It could as simple as Anthony playing a ton on the ball on offense and Simpson covering the other team’s point guard. It’s not like they couldn’t play together.

1 Like

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that he will be at Duke for a visit very soon too

1 Like

Just now got around to watching Cole Anthony video for the first time. Put me in the “there is no way in hell Cole Anthony would not be our starting pg” camp.

3 Likes

Johns at 5?

what is our chance of getting an official?

With limited info I’m weighing in just to say if (he won’t) Cole Anthony comes to U of M (he won’t) he starts pretty much every game. There will be an opening at the 2 or 3 spot in the lineup (we think). The consensus number 1 recruit is taking that spot or forcing it at the 1.

1 Like

Last week, Corey Evans prefaced it by saying the Anthony recruitment is wide open and no one really knows where he is headed but that the 3 schools most talked about recently were Oregon, Michigan and duke.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Think we backed off or he wasn’t interested?

Yes. I think that is what happened

Back off on who many think is the best player in the country, if he was interested, would be… something. I know we were at a bunch of his games this summer. Seems odd.

Doubt Michigan backed off. They probably just misjudged his actual interest level. Usually Beilein doesn’t heavily recruit the five stars unless they have serious interest. In this case, the vibes must have been stronger than the reality.

Wasn’t expecting Michigan to make the cut as soon as he started scheduling visits and taking trips without a peep about Michigan.