2018 Recruiting Notes

So you think the staff is becoming disappointed with someone they just offered (Currie) and two guys who haven’t started officially practicing as sophs, one of whom (Davis) has been the source of vociferous praise from Beilein over the last eight months or so? I don’t see it. I can think of a lot of explanations–they see Conditt as a 4, not a 5, they want to redshirt Currie next year, and need a third guy capable of playing 5 if Wagner leaves, they see Currie as a 4, not a 5, they’re covering their bases in case of possible attrition, etc.–which fit better than speculation that we’re already casting guys aside after one year, especially after the experience with D.J. Wilson this year.

2 Likes

Stretch 4s, baby. He wants the new offers to be Stretch 4s. That’s what we should be attracting, anyway.

New 2018 ESPN Rankings:

Of note:
RJ Barrett - 1
Andrew Nembhard - 46
Brandon Johns - 50
Noah Locke - 64
Miller Kopp - 100

Also DeJulius is valued at 82 which is the same score as #94-100 so I would guess that he isnt too far outside the top 100

2 Likes

Sam Webb mentioned today on the Recruiting Roundup that, in addition to Ahren’s visit coming up, Iggy is apparently slated to take his official to Mich next week. This month is setting up to be a big month for finishing the 2018 class strong.

3 Likes

Sound like that Iggy might move his decision date.

Hope so. It never made sense to me that he would wait until Winter. He doesn’t seem like a potential one-and-doner. Maybe he realized that the game of musical chairs is on and he better take a seat.

2 Likes

I hope you are right.

Says he is talking with the staff about a potential visit, guess it is a backup plan if the other recruits visiting before go elsewhere. Wish he was a higher priority.

Also has it been confirmed that Iggy will be on campus this weekend?

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Target)

UM now out of the Tyrese Haliburton race

Maybe a good sign that the staff is optimistic on the top targets

3 Likes

Love how quickly he gets his shot off, especially from the bounce. Brings the ball pretty low in his shot, but certainly looks to be a shooter. Really curious how JB’s current squad is leading to his recruiting practices. That recent article on the front page describing our shooting situation highlights the differences of this current team and may be influencing how and who JB recruits

He’s got a bunch of high-academic offers: Brown, Yale, Dartmouth…maybe a preferred walk-on?

247 says he has a Penn State offer, thus I doubt preferred walkon. I like his film, plus I like his size.

Here is another article. http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/from-nothing-to-something-adrien-nunezs-stock-has-exploded/

post deleted