2018 Recruiting Notes

Gotta watch those 28 seed over 12 seed upsets

That is absurd.

1 Like

This is really creative and something Iā€™ve never seen beforeā€¦itā€™s a little overboard.

Simi Shittu is now out. Down to 10 with no UM.

More news on Nembhard and UM isnā€™t mentioned.

Didnā€™t think Shittu was ever much but disappointed about Nembhard even though I questioned how he would fit.

Article below mentions interest from us for a big man who blew up in July. Doesnā€™t talk about Michigan prominently so you arenā€™t missing anything if you donā€™t read but found it interesting that they would still be reaching out to players at that position. Curious how this class will finish out.

Donā€™t really see how Nembhard would have worked out in this class with DeJulius already in the fold and X and Eli on the roster. Would you take him? Obviously, but it is a tough sell.

My thoughts exactly, mentioned that in a previous post somewhere. with David in the mix another PG is pretty much out of the question in my mind.

3 Likes

Good stuff Dylan. Interesting to hear a recruit explicitly mention the Jordan deal like that. Not necessarily surprising, but interesting.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s not a coincidence that he will visit a couple of weeks after the Locke official. This sets up nicely timing wise should they miss on Locke and/or Ahrens.

Funny that you completely failed to mention that he is an unranked recruit.

Funny that youā€™re always here to cheer us up.

3 Likes

I would like to think that a tenure which includes bringing the entire program back from the dead, a title appearance, 3 sweet 16ā€™s, 2 Big Ten Titles, a Big Ten Tourney championship, and an enormous amount of lowly ranked prospects now in the NBA would give Beilein the benefit of the doubt at this point.

4 Likes

In the offseason, starz are king

1 Like

Way to be a Richard. As usual, you probably know next to nothing about said recruit. I have never seen someone complain about players with next to zero evaluation skills.

1 Like

So was Caris Levert.

1 Like

Beilein now showing interest in Tyrese Haliburton. Tall guard out of Wisconsin

1 Like

Or, go to the school that is the best fit, best opportunity for you.

2 Likes