Brandon Johns at 43
Cormac Ryan at 64
Robby Carmody at 99
Jerome Hunter at 80

Pete Nance at 39
Jamal Bieniemy at 123

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

1 Like

I feel like Johns is a little overrated and Hunter/Carmody are underrated.

1 Like

Pete Nance at 39. I wonder how long our opportunity to jump on this guy will be before his recruitment blows up, if it isn’t gone already. These are the kinds of recruitments where I wonder if Beilein doesn’t want too long to offer if indeed he’s waiting on Johns and Hunter.

2 Likes

Pasting standard Beilein-era Michigan “Why isn’t he offered yet?” questionnaire here:

1. Has [Insert Player Name Here] completed his sophomore year?

2. Has [Insert Player Name Here] visited the University?

3. Has [Insert Player Name Here] submitted his transcripts?

Am I missing anything?

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes – but it was a camp a couple summers back, so maybe he needs to come again for a longer visit to get an offer? He only is a couple hours away so it seems like if he was prioritized and was interested that could happen pretty easily.
  3. I have no idea, but see no. 2

It seems like it’s more of an evaluation thing, but who knows. I’m generally not concerned with Beilein’s offer policy, but occasionally I wonder if he waits too long on the plan 1.A or B guys. But I have no idea how he views these forwards or whether it would make any difference with Nance anyway.

I’m thinking the recruiting visit, whether unofficial or official, is different than the camp experience. I would mark that as a No, but what the hell do I know.

Are you saying that Coach waits too long on the campus visit for the 1A guys? It’s always hard to know whether the invitation hasn’t been extended or if the invite hasn’t been accepted. I don’t expect Beilein to come out and say that player X or Y was invited to campus but they either turned Michigan down outright or kicked the decision to visit down the road.

That’s probably all correct. As you say, it could be that guys aren’t taking him up on invitations to visit. And overall Beilein has done a good job getting guys when his plan A falls through (Simpson and Wilson for instance were both Plan B (or lower) guys after others took too long or went elsewhere), not to mention spring pick ups. But sometimes I feel like he waits a little too long on plan A guys when a plan A-1 or B guy might jump at an offer. But I’m certainly speaking with an information shortage.

2 Likes

Those 2018 rankings are terrible. Hameir wright moves from 2017 to 2018 and goes down in rankings? Don’t quite get that. I’m not a fan of rivals rankings usually. I think dejulius is a steal though and is underrated. I like our recruiting philosophy but I do wish wed try and go for some higher ranked kids. I feel like shaqs kid would be a great fit. We do well with players kids.

Oh well I like jamal b and hunter. Pass. On John’s though. I’d like to get some more back up 18 options materialize at the 4…

I don’t have my own list compiled, but if there are 128 players better than DeJulius, then 2018 is the best class ever. Another possibility is that Dejulius is very under-ranked, I suppose…

DeJulius is a top 40-60 type kid, top 7-12 PG. Just under scouted right now. He’ll move up after summer.

2 Likes

I agree. This is what I assume.

I just picked up the all greater Rochester picks in the local newspaper. What I thought was interesting is all three of the guys I keep mentioning named Michigan in the paper as schools recruiting them.

Naz Carter
Jeenathan Williams

Both 18s then Isaiah Stewart the top 50 19 The previous two that’s the first I’ve read that mentioned. Dylan have you heard their names before in connection? Found that interesting.

This is super ghetto but the links online don’t show the whole bio. Here’s the two 18s lists

3 Likes

lol super ghetto had me rolling :joy:

Bieniemy is my #1 want in '18.

We need a power forward in that class as the roster now stands.

1 Like
1 Like

From a quick search, looks like there had been talk of potentially reclassifying to 2017 with Shittu earlier this year. Not sure how realistic that is though but I wonder if that pitch is on JB’s radar as DJ insurance

Jeenathan could play it. Just saying.

But seriously I think it’s odd they both listed us in their bios but it’s mentioned no where else. I really hopes it’s true though. Both would be good 18 pick ups

Also jay z is nazs uncle , recruiting boost right there. What youth wouldn’t want to wear the maize and blue while rocking fresh jump mans with the Jigga man and Beyoncé sitting front row?

Not ghetto, weak sauce. What’s with the co-coaches of the year? Bah… :smiley:

1 Like